Andrew | To the Rescue

Finals are a bitch. I apologize for the delay. Please enjoy!

The first thing Andrew noticed was how stiff you looked walking down the street. The way you clutched your camera as you walked quickly, glancing around nervously. Then he noticed the dark figure following a few paces behind you and Andrew had a sudden feeling of rage.

Andrew quickly leans up to whisper to Garrett. Garrett's face hardens and he glances at you. They have a silent conversation with each other before a bright smile comes across Andrew's face. You were in reach now in case something were to go wrong.

You see a man in front of you and the smile on his face. You become increasingly confused, then slightly worried. 

"Hey!" He says. "There you are!

You're about two feet away from this man. Your adrenaline is pumping and you think you're for sure getting kidnapped. The man tosses his arm over your shoulder. He gives you a bright smile. You look up at him and you see the subtle head gesture as he motions for you to look at his other hand. His phone is open to the notes. You read it and sigh in relief.

"I'm Andrew, I know you're being followed. Play along, you're safe."

A bright smile goes across your face. "Hey! Sorry, I'm late."

"No problem. We just got here."

Behind you, the guy who had been following you dipped into a dark alley. You see a tall man go in that direction, Andrew glances at him then back at you.

"That's Garrett, he's with me. Are you alright?" Andrew asks, pulling his arm away. He stands in front of you.

Tucking a strand of hair behind your ear, you nod, "Thanks to you guys. He was following me for blocks."

"Do you need a ride? We can drop you off somewhere so you don't walk alone."

You smile, glad to have met a genuinely nice guy. You go to answer, but you're interrupted.

"That guy was sketchy." Garrett pants. He looks out of breath, like he had been running.

"Chased him off, I see." Andrew giggles. The sound is like music to your ears. You look down at the ground to hide your red face.

"Are you okay?" Garrett asks when he can breath properly again.

"I'm fine. Oh, and I'm Y/n. By the way."

"Well, Y/n. It's nice to meet you." Andrew grins. You clutch your camera a little to tight. He is so cute.

"It was nice meeting you too, both of you. Even with the circumstances."

"We're friends now." Garrett beams, wrapping an arm around your shoulders. You smile up at him.

"Fuck yea, I need some friends anyways."

Andrew and Garrett laugh and you join in. When the laugh dies down, you look down at your feet. Andrew thinks a bit before remembering the camera now rest near your side.

"That's a nice camera."

You grin, "Thank you. My mom got it for me, before she uh-" You rub at the back of your neck. Your mom was a touchy subject.

"Oh, I'm sorr-"

You shake your head, "No. No, it's okay. I sometimes like taking pictures in the little park a few blocks away, the one filled with lights, it was her favorite place. I go there to clear my head." 

You feel Garrett squeeze your shoulders and you sniffle. You try to subtly wipe your wet eyes but you end up being dragged into a hug. Turns out you weren't sneaky enough. Andrew's sweatshirt was soft against your cheek. His steady heart beat was calming, as was his body heat. Garrett joined in, wrapping his long arms around both of you.

"I'm sorry about your mom." Andrew whispered into the top of your head.

"Thank you." You whisper back.

A few long minutes and Andrew unfortunately pulls back. "So, how about that ride?" He asks, now very shy.

"If it's not to much trouble." 

"Not at all, but we have to make a stop."

"That's fine. I'm in no rush." You smile. He grins.

"Sweet."

****

You had all gotten in the car. Garrett let you have the front seat. Andrew drove and the car was quiet.

"Where are we going again?" You ask looking out the window.

Andrew glances at you before turning his eyes back to the road. "A friend's house. Garrett forgot something."

"Okay."

The rest of the drive was short and Garrett promised he'd be quick. You and Andrew stayed in the car. 

"So, uh..." Andrew says awkwardly. You glance at him, he seems very nervous.

"What's wrong?"

"I know I just met you and all, but..." He pauses, "It's just when I saw you, how scared you look, it just made my blood boil. I don't know, it's wei-"

You had cut him off with a kiss. You felt him stiffen up and tried to pull away, but as you did his hand cupped the back of your head, pulling you back. His lips were soft, slightly chapped, but you could care less. You feel his tongue run along the line of your lips and you gasp slightly. You're full on making out with a man you barely know and it's amazing.

You're nearly to the point where you want to crawl over the center console, close the distance, when there is a knock on your window. You two pull apart quickly, a bright blush on your cheeks. You feel like a teenager getting caught making out. You bite your lip as you roll down the window. You look up to see Garrett, smirking behind a new guy, who is bent down to look in the window.

"Andrew!" The man says, looking past you. Andrew rubs at the back of his neck, he face beet red.

"You must be Y/n. I'm Shane." The man, Shane, sticks a hand into the car. You shake his hand.

"How would you like a job?" Shane says. You furrow your brow, looking at him confused.

"I need help with editing and filming. Mostly editing, but you'd fill in for Andrew if need be. Something tells me you and Andrew would work very well together."

"Sure?" You asked, still confused as to why you were just offered a job.

"You'll be paid of course, if money is an issue."

"No, no, not at all."

"Cool. See you on Monday then." Garrett moves to get into the car, and Shane turns to leave. "Have fun, you crazy kids." He laughs.

Andrew puts the car in reverse, and as he starts to move, Shane whips around and shouts, "AND WEAR A CONDOM!"

You blush hard and Garrett cackles in the back seat. Andrew nearly hits on of the trees lining the driveway. You roll up your window and glance at Andrew as the car begins moving forward. 

"What the fuck just happened?"