Morgan | Target

Requested

"What are we going to Target for?" You ask, slipping into the driver seat.

"I don't know." Morgan replies, glancing at her phone.

"What? You don't know?"

Morgan hums but doesn't actually answer your question. You huff, putting your car in reverse. You don't make it far because you had to slam on the breaks to avoid hitting Shane.

"Where the fuck did you come from?" You shriek out your window.

He shrugs walking up to stand next to the open window. He bends down and smiles at you.

"Are you going to Target?"

"How did you- what? I-"

Morgan giggles from her seat and you look at her with a 'what the fuck' face.

"What... is happening?"

"Can I come with?" Shane asks.

You pinch the bridge of your nose and sigh. You glance into the backseat to see if was inhabitabble.

"Fuck it. Get in, I guess." You put it in park to allow Morgan to get out so she can let Shane into the back seat.

"Let's go to Target."

****

"Morgan, put that down!"

"I want it!"

You roll your eyes and push the cart to another aisle. You see something that peaks your interest. You pick it up only to almost drop it seconds later.

"Would you stop doing that?" You growl, bending down to pick up the thing you dropped.

You look back at Shane, who's face was completely blank.

"Where's Morgan?"

"I don't know. Let me just... MARCO!" You shout.

"POLO!" You here a shout a few aisles over.

"Come on."

You find Morgan in the toy aisles. As soon as she sees you, she grabs your hand, dragging you towards shelves full of stuffed animals.

"Look!"

She points excitedly at two very bright pink bears. "Can we get them?" She asks excitedly.

You studied the identical bears. Then you glanced at Morgan. You could see the pure, childish excitement in her eyes as well as something else. That something else made you say yes.

She squealed and bear hugged you. The wind was forced from your lungs by the hug. You hugged back, happy to see your girl so excited.

"Come on then. Lets get some snacks."

You left Shane to push the cart. You kept Morgan's hand tightly in yours. Together you piled an unnecessary amount of snacks into the carts and head for check out.

You paid for everything, including the bears, and headed back to Shane's. Morgan insisted on holding the bears the entire ride. She even named them.

It was the best Target adventure yet.

****

You hated leaving your baby, but you had to work in the morning. You waited until she had fallen asleep before sneaking away. You pressed a kiss to her forehead and pressed the pink bear into her arms. You clutched the matching one to your chest.

You left Shane's with a small frown on your face. The bear helped but nothing can beat Morgan cuddles.

You made it home safely, as did the bear. You're not ashamed to admit that you buckled the little guy into the passenger seat.

The bear sat in the middle of your bed as you dressed. Sliding under the cold sheets, you hugged the bear tightly, tossing and turning until you finally fell asleep.

****

The next morning, you awoke for work. You checked your phone quick. There was a Snapchat from Morgan.

It was of her and the bear still snuggled in bed. It was captioned, "Good morning! Have a good day at work. Love you. 😙"

You glance back at your bear and you grin. It was indeed the best Target trip ever.