"How did we end up like this?" Carmen jokes and helps me up. I lean on her for support as she helps me into a car that I assume is Tori's.

"Tori gave me the keys, if you want to put them in."

"Carmen, I can't...drive. I can't...even get in the car alone...you're gonna have to."

"Okay, I can do that." She closes the door and gets behind the wheel.

"I can't do it!" She yells and hyperventilates.

"Yes you...can. I'm right here." I place my heavy hand on her knee. I tell her about a small back road and all the pain is in my right side, every little bump in the road sends a knife through my skin. My head is throbbing and all I'm hoping is Carmen gets us to ou-my house in one piece.

"Do you need a hospital or just home?"

"Home. That bitch kicked me in the face and rib cage." I say holding in the pain, so I can actually finish the sentence.

"You're sounding better than before." We finally arrive home and she helps me out of the car.

"Here, let's go to the bathroom." We tiptoe to the disgusting bathroom in my room. I sit on the toilet seat and she wets a rag. I wish I never even got involved with Mackenzie. We wouldn't be here in the bathroom, bleeding. Carmen wouldn't be as pissed at me and have unnecessary stress.

"Tell me if it hurts." She stands between my legs and washes the damage off. I try not to stare at her dark brown eyes, but it's hard not to. To be honest, I've always had a tiny crush on her, but I end convincing myself I don't and it usually works.

My eyes wander to her mouth and I lose feeling in my hands from the sight. "Wet another rag." I take a new waddled up piece of wet paper from her dripping hands and clean her bloody mouth and nose. "Why'd you protect me?" I ask.

"You called for me." I did? "Lift up your shirt." She demands and I place my hand in hers to get up. I try to be cool and lift my shirt while in pain, but she knows it hurts and takes it off for me.

Her thin fingers glide over my bruise and my eyes shut hard from the pain.

"Sorry."

"You're okay. Can I have some ice?"

"Of course. Come lay on the bed." I walk slowly to my big bed and plop down.

I wonder what I'd do without her. Actually, I would be at school sitting in English with a girl that I had no idea about, dating Mackenzie and having my own room.

Also, I would feel even more alone because Carmen is the first girl to actually care about me. She comes back in the room and I fake fall asleep. She lays the bag on the pain and all the nerves and stress fall off.

I actually sleep a little bit and open my eyes to Carmen sitting on the edge of the bed still holding the bag.

"Are you feeling better?" Her soft voice asks.

"Yeah, She's stronger than some of the guys I've fought." I look into her eyes again and her gaze is a mixture of pain and pity. I squirm to sit up, so I can hold in my arms again.

"Just relax." She slowly pushes me back to the pillow.

"Lay with me?"

"...you told me not to." I remember when I said that and I can't believe I did. This whole thing with Mackenzie and Carmen has given me a whole new perspective on her. She doesn't annoy me, if anything she makes me happy. I want to be with her and not push her away anymore. I'm not saying I have a big crush on her because I know she'll never feel the same way, not after everything I've yelled to her face.