Breaking News...

I decided to meet with the girls on my way from work and not go to my apartment for a change of clothes first. The night traffic is crazy and I wouldn't make it to the apartment and back on time for the dinner and plus I cannot wait to hear all Sophie has to tell us.
I'm curious and excited.
The girls chose an open restaurant, which is fantastic because we get to see the perfect view of the city and sit pretty like angels as the street lights formed an halo over our heads.
It's simply amazing.

Lenore waved me over to the table.
"Hey beautiful" lenore said and i smiled, kissing them both on the cheek and mumbling
"The traffic is so crazy tonight,
I hope i didn't keep y'all waiting for long" ?
"it's fine Viv"  Sophia spoke up
"how's it going at work?
Do you enjoy working with the frienemy"?
I rolled my eyes Frienemy indeed.
"It  was terrible at first, i mean crazy and  horrifying.
Working with him is exhausting and it leaves me little to no time for myself
but I'm getting the hang of it"
They each gave me a weak smile and promised it'll be better.

"And oh I'll be travelling to Mexico with him and I'll be meeting his entire family.
Scary huh"?
Lenore was looking at me funny and I know she is about to say something crazy

"Allow me to think and suggest for you,
if he tries anything stupid, just take a flight back to New York with all the documents and presentation or whatever and leave him stranded with no clue on what to do" Sophia nodded in agreement and added
"you should also drug him or something, so he gets so messed up. He embarrasses  himself"
They were both laughing but i know they were also serious

"You guys are crazy ass BITCH**.
I laughed till my eyes teared up, it's been long i felt this way.  I love them so much.

"OK ladies" Sofia said
"I'll be leaving for San Francisco, I got a huge job offer there and since I'll be rounding up with the PHD classes soon, i took it.
I'm not happy leaving you girls but this is something i have always  dreamed of and it's finally here and in perfect time also"
She was crying now
"I'll miss you guys so much"

I felt my eyes water
"Oh Sophie, I can't believe you'll be leaving
I'll miss you so much"
Sophia has been  amazing to me, right from the very  time we met at the airport till now.
She has been the perfect support and I'm going to miss having her around.

"I'm really gonna miss you so much"  leanore spoke up with croaked voice
"Group hug everyone?"
We hugged for enternity and only broke up when the waiter came in with our order which we ate quietly, each of us processing the news and accepting the inevitable in our own way.
Sophie cleared her throat, drawing our attention
"Once i get settled in, y'all will come visisting.
You might as well come in with all your baggages and move in with me, My landlord has a policy that allows no roommates but if he starts snooping around, I can tell him I have two lovely pets that get extremely shy around people and often times sound like humans
How about that? "
This broke the sour mood, we ended up laughing and for the first time this evening,   we enjoyed ourselves.

"I have to head back home now,I need  to pack a bag for Mexico.
I don't want to get into trouble with the "almighty boss"
I rolled my eyes

"Don't wait up love, I won't be coming back tonight"  lenore chipped in.
We laughed and I smack her ass on my way out
"oh shit girl that felt so good" she purred
And i laughed
"He's gonna do it better!
Lenore got up immediately, draping her purse around her body
    "I love you girls  but i gotta go meet the One who is gonna do it better"
She leaves the resturant laughing. This is what love does i guess,  she has been laughing alot lately and she's simply glowing. I'm really happy for leanore and Chris, their relationship is really serious and I hope they end up together.
Sophia and I walked blocks away from the restaurant when I spotted Leo with the same girl from the other  night..
And if I'm being sincere with myself, She is beautiful.
I was caught up with my thoughts and staring unashamed
Sophia catches my stare and follows it to Leo and his trophy bimbo
"Ain't that your boss and the chick from the other night?
Mmmmhhmm i nodded
"that BITCH is damn hot, Cashmore sure how to get them all"
I tried to laugh along with Soph but i felt a tiny pang of something i wouldn't dare name
"oh well, he's a hot guy and i guess some people just wouldn't mind having a share of his community eggplant.
If you ask me,  he should take it easy"
Sophia was looking at me and making lewd  illustrations with her fingers and her mouth
"I wouldnt mind a piece of that community eggplant"

"Ewww Sophia let's go I don't want him to see me"..
I waved down a taxi and dragged her all the way to the it
She's still gushing over him and mocking me.
Arggggghhhh

-----------------------------------------------------------

I took down my travel bag and stuffed it with all my essentials.
Thank God it doesn't snow in Mexico.
The fact that leo and I would be staying over at his parents makes me super nervous but i am also very excited about Mexico.
I have yearned to explore their culture and food, back at home I always wanted to visit the country, it's been on my mental bucket list and i can finally tick it off.
I had once enrolled in a Spanish class just so i could have even if it's an itsy bitsy understanding of  the language, I have loads of latino songs on my playlist, and I love love love  "Maluma".
Thinking about the whole situation now, I start to feel really positive and i feel my body quiver with excitement.
I hope he is nice enough to take me around the significant places and not crush this entire trip with work work work.

I checked the time, I needed to call my mom and tell her everything.
"Hey darling, how are you?  It's so lovely hearing your voice again sweetie.. How's it going with studies?
" Mom  I'm doing great and it's going really well. How's my Little Pony doing?  Hope she's doing great in school, I really miss you guys.
We spent several minutes asking questions and i almost got carried away
"Oh and mom, I'll be traveling to Mexico tomorrow with my boss on a business meeting, it'll be really difficult to call you  as often as i do but I promise as soon as I get the chance, I will text you."

"Darling it's alright, enjoy your time there and remember to always be good and show love to people"
"OK mum, goodnight, I love you"
"I Love you too darling"
I know she does but hearing her say it reassures me and makes me feel better
I'm reminded everyday that I'm here because she worked her ass off to make sure i turn out great in life.
My mom always talk about how important it is to be nice to people. She is a Christain and she brought me up as a Christain, drilling series of hymns and devotionals into me. There is absolutely no excuse you could possibly give to excuse you from attending Sunday masses, absolutely nothing.
she made growing up wonderful and I'm entirely grateful and regret nothing.

I head to the kitchen and made a hot cup of chocolate. It's raining heavily, and I'm slightly shivering, pulling my robe tighter to feel warm, I turn on the TV to watch my favorite telenovela  "La patrona" (The Boss)  I love the lead actress Aracely...
The thoughts of  my boss and his hot model girlfriend flashed through my mind,
It's crazy how I'm having reoccuring  thoughts about them probably...
"it's Nothing" i murmur to myself
Shaking off the thoughts and blaming the weather. The show is about to start and i wrap myself in a cuddle, a cup of choco in one hand, my phone in the other which I realise isn't a good idea when it let off a crazy vibrating fit.
Jeeez, how is everything it so freaking loud at night, it almost gave me a heart attack.
I check my phone and it is a text message from Leo
"Be ready by 3PM tomorrow, the Chauffeur will pick you up, don't be a minute late 'cause I won't tolerate it"

"Asshole" I sighed  and tossed  my phone far away from me before I'm tempted to send a sassy reply.
This does not help cause i replay the message over and over in my head
"cause i won't tolerate it"
He's not nice at all,  and I'm beginning to doubt this trip, and if I'm really going to enjoy it. I hope my love for espanol makes it worth my while.
After the show, I went  straight to bed.
I still have alot i need to get done before my trip, I  have to go fix my hair and get my nails done. I'm already booked for 10am at the salon and I hope I get there early enough and  back home before Peter, the chauffeur  comes to pick me up.
I haven't seen him in a while now,  He's a very good man and i cannot wait to see him tomorrow.
I had a little time to talk to him about his family and his sweet little girl, she reminds me of my little sister oluchi.
Peter is a kind man and the fact that he can pronounce my name perfectly is heavenly
Oh! What a nice man. I hope he is coming to Mexico with us, It'll be nice to have someone to talk to.