Chapter 11

"We are here" the cab man announced
I woke up yawning and stretching
"are you okay ma'am" he asked
"yes. I'm fine. Thank you"
I took out some cash from my purse to pay and stepped out of the car.
The last time I came here, I wasn't asked to come in. I did not get the chance to know what it looks like on the inside.
I walked gingerly to the gigantic gate

"Excuse me miss, you must be Vivian right?"
"yes" i replied wondering who he was, probably security or something
"This way" He led me inside and into the huge sitting room
"I'll notify Mr Cashmore of your presence." he said walking away.
When he left, I had the chance to admire every detail of the house i could lay eyes on. If i thought the the mansion looked incredible from afar, I am beyond awestruck of what it looks like inside.
The entire room is a dream, you could erect a whole new building in the sitting room, it's massively large.
I noticed he had a penchant for priceless art works and his house is an embodiment of all kinds of craft.
It's simply beautiful.
I gotta give it to him, he has a good eye for aesthetic designs.
I remember I'm here because of him and i frown. I shouldn't be admirimg the house of the enemy responsible for my sleep deprivation and lack of social life.
Thinking about how hard it is to not gape around in awe even in my anger,
I was still looking around when someone cleared his throat behind me

"May I have them now"?
I turned to behold the most beautiful creature ever. I thought he looked handsome in his expensive clothes,
He is breathtaking in casual shorts and tees. His dirty blonde hair is messy from sleeping, and the urge to run my fingers through them made me clamp my hands together. His eyes were focused on me and they look like they can see through anything.
I felt my legs go weak, He is the most handsome Human i have ever laid eyes on.
Although he's all covered up, I can see his perfect body. The body that has graced every magazine in newyork and has caused world wide stir.
I seem to freeze on the spot, I can hear my heart pounding and my breathing was all over the place.
I close my eyes in embarrassment and hoped he did not notice me staring

"Sorry, here you go" i managed to utter and i handed him the files.
Just then i noticed we were not alone, we both turned around to see someone approach us.
A young woman with enviable flawless complexion and impossibly long legs was muttering something under her breath as she drew closer.
She has the kind body that belonged on magazine Covers or the Runway.
I quickly concluded she was a model. the sort of women Leo can be seen with.

"Hey Sweetie, you know I don't like it when you keep me waiting!"
she looked at me and rolled her eyes, looked past me was a better description,
It was almost as if i didn't exist.
I watched as she flirts with him, planting wet kisses everywhere her mouth could reach.
She turns to go but not before making sure i heard her whisper to him
"I'll be waiting baby"
She held my stare for longer than necessary, shooting daggers and a warning
"Keep off my man"
I read the signs crystal clear but it leaves me confused cause i'm way out of her league, and Leo does not even notice me. She honestly has nothing to worry about.

"Mr. Cashmore, I'll be leaving now! "
I didn't wait for a reply and I hurried to the door.
I could not wait to get out of here.

I stopped a taxi and arrived at my apartment in no time.
Thinking about all that happened, I realized he asked me to come to his house just so he could continue to belittle and humiliate me.
The entire evening is a perfectly orchestrated scene just to get to me.
I sniff, i can feel my eyes tearing up
"well, congratulations to him and his slutty BITCH 'cause they killed it" i wailed.
Tears was rolling down my face freely now and i finally allow myself admit the truth.
I'm falling for my Asshole of a boss and despite all the pains and suffering he has put me through, I crave him.
I want to know him better, i wish we could stop fighting and i wish he could stop being hard on me.
"No" i said to myself, shaking my head in a bid to crush all abominable thoughts about him. He still remains the enemy and I do not fraternize with an enemy.
He does not deserve me.

------------
I crawled out of my bed, slowly adjusting my eyes to the binding light.
Everything that happened yesterday flashed in my head and i shrug it off immediately. I don't want to think about or remember anything from last night. I focused on the fact that i slept alone yesterday.
Lenore did not come back last night,
She's probably at Liam's.
I need to talk to her and apologize for not showing up

I got to the bus and pulled out my phone to text Lenore, she hasn't been picking up her calls

"I'm really sorry about last night, I'll make it up to you".
Xoxo

I arrive at work just in time to see Joyce coming out of Leo's office.
She was studying me, she does this all the time, especially when i work late and she had to leave me all alone.
" sweetie! you look pale are you OK?
You came in late today"
I gave her a weak smile and nodded
"I'm fine, i overslept.
it will not happen again"

"OK honey, Leo wants to see you in his office".
She tapped my back and added "hurry!
you know he got a temper"

I entered his office, and he is on a phone call. I wait for him to finish while i look around admiring the myriad of art works and paintings on the wall.
I have seen them countless times before but anything I can do right now to avoid staring at him, I'd take it.

"Miss Chisimdi, you're late today.
I hope this doesn't occur next time, there won't be a second chance"
I rolled my eyes in secret.
I wanted to stick out my tongue at him and yell "you fucking caused it" at his face.

"You need to get ready because we'll be traveling to Mexico next week.
Contact the airport and make all necessary arrangements.
lest I forget, don't make any hotel reservations, we'll be staying at my family house.
That will be all, you can leave"

"Al alright". I stuttered.

I rushed to tell Joyce the good news and she was happy i get to change environment and experience another culture for a change
She called it "one of the perks of the job"
"I haven't been to Mexico before" i said
the first and only time i got on a plane was when i arrived here for my scholarship"
She assures me i'm going to be fine
"the boss doesn't bite,
He is a good person and even if he wants to misbehave, he cannot!
Not in front of his family.
you'll be meeting with his family as well"

She leaves me standing and when i get to my office, my mind was on full rewind mode
" you'll be meeting with his family as well"
Hearing that makes me want to puke my guts out and I suddenly become nervous
It just dawned on me!
When he said we would be staying over at The family house in Mexico, I never thought the family would be there.

I contacted the airport to notify them about the trip and also have the private jet prepped for use.
I was done making all the necessary arrangements and i checked to make sure i didn't leave anything out.
It was time for me to go home already.
Mr. Asshole left earlier today after he received a phone call.

Picking up my things, and getting ready to leave the office, i get a call from Lenore and i did not wait for her a say a word before i start talking
"Hey, babe I'm really sorry, I shouu ...
She cuts me off
"Simdi it's fine,
I'm less busy and I think we should have a girls night out. It's been a while
Can you make it?"

"That's great. Im about to leave the office, I'll text Sophie about it" i replied

"Don't bother,
I called Sophie already and she is game.
She has something to share with us by the way.
Get ready, I'll see you soon
Kisses"
Beep.
I'm so happy Lenore called and I can't wait to see her. I wonder what Sophie wants to talk about though and I hope she isn't in any trouble.
It's going to be an interesting night and I'm looking forward to it.