Surviving

I have been working for a week already and honestly, it hasn't been so wonderful at all. I'm literally doing the job meant for more than one person and although it is exhausting, I don't complain 'cause I'm not a quitter and i need the job.
Meanwhile, Joyce has been so helpful and nice to me ever since the interview. Sometimes she helps out with my work so I don't get sick or anything. I try as much as possible to prevent  her from taking part in the punishment I brought upon myself  the very first day I met Leoandro at the bar.

" sweetie! I'll be leaving now, i wish I can help you finish up but my hands are tied, I have to get home quickly to prepare something nice for my daughter.  she'll be arriving home after a long time"

Joyce looked at me with so much pity,
she is probably wondering why i get to work extra than everybody else. She looks genuinely sad for me but I don't want to make her feel guilty  because it's not her place to stay back and assist.

" It's fine Joyce, I can cope and i have just a few more stuffs to work on and I'll be done...
I just hope he doesn't bring more documents to my desk i muttered under my breath.
Joyce planted a kiss on my cheek and hurried  towards the elevator.

Looking back at my computer, I  released a  heavy sigh.
I never knew I was holding back on breathing untill i was all alone.
I just want to kill that son of a BITCH for making my life a living hell.
I picked the intercom in my office to hear the husky voice I'm already familiar with say

"get ready we've got somewhere to go"

He hung up and I quickly picked up my bag, laptop and phone, checking to see if there's anything else i need before i rushed into his office which is next to mine.
As I open the door behold my enemy and my boss;

"I'm going to meet an old friend and also one of this company's business partner"

what does this guy take me for?
Who does he think he is? I was fuming on the inside and my eyes were blazing.
  I have been working my ass off since morning and now he wants us to meet with some friends without any heads up, this man has gotten more than enough from me.
He has tried to make this work experience Hell for me. I know he is waiting for me to explode in his face, i know he is waiting to see me loose it and my job, which i still very much want to keep.
He is waiting but he will wait in vain because i will not give him that satisfaction.
I will not be a subject of ridicule.

" OK sir!" I replied him
Trying to look genuine and hoping i don't give off anger vibes.
As we both made our way to the car and silently drove down to the exotic restaurant.
I have never been in such a beautiful place before.
Hell,  I  can't even afford a meal here.
He cleared his throat and I snapped out of my thoughts. He was already moving ahead of me and i scurried after him.
We made our way towards a man in  a blue suit.
He is around his mid fifties;  on the  bald side  but yet, quite  handsome for someone his age.

"Hey! Cashmore himself"
they both laughed and pulled in for a hug. "Hey Ben it's so nice to finally see you again it's been two years now my friend;"

I rolled my eyes as Leo was talking.

"yeah it has been a while Leo"
I was still standing  and admiring the restaurant  when i heard Ben say
"So, Leo who's this beautiful lady huh?"
  he winked at me as he says this, is he trying to be flirty with me, i wonder.

"She's my P. A and please she's out of the question" leo scowled when Ben pulled his hand out for a handshake;
"I'm Ben"
" My name is Chisimdi!"  i said with a big smile.  Ben was so interested in my name, the meaning and everything about my country. I couldn't resist from laughing as he tried several times to pronounce my name correctly.
My boss's attention was focused on us and I could see he's not happy that I'm getting along with Ben.
He cut us off by bringing up the business proposal.
'Hey Leoandro, why are you so angry; are you jealous?" Ben was obviously looking for trouble
"We've not got all evening so let's get to business" leo isn't in the mood for jokes and i realize he isn't ever in the mood.
I've never seen him  doing something that isn't work related.
After the meeting we placed our orders, and dare I say it's the best meal I've ever had since i touched down Newyork.

Our table was cleared up and i catch  Ben  staring at me intently and it made me a little uncomfortable but he's a very handsome man and warmed towards me quickly, and i like him.
"Ben! We've got to get going and buddy its nice to see you again"
Leo was shooting daggers at us 
They both shake hands, and Ben hands his complimentary card to me;
" I think you should have this, I would love to hang out with you sometime"
I took the card with shaky hands and we both smiled at each other. Looking at my boss, I could see how furious he is right now; but he cannot dictate what I do with my personal life.
Besides  being his P. A, I also have to mingle with others, and I think Ben is a very nice man.

-----------------------------------------------------------

It was a silent drive from the restaurant. I knew Leoandro is  angry with me for getting along with  Ben.
I looked at him but he was looking out of the window. Oh! He's such an handsome guy but so annoying I can't deal with his temper, I wonder how those girls around him survive with such temperament.

"Sir, should I drop you home first before taking Miss Vivian home? "
I hear his husky voice
"Take me home. You can take miss vivian wherever she wants to go after.
He focused on his phone and I think he's texting someone, I just can't explaim why this Dick head is angry, the last time I remember I'm not his girlfriend neither are we an item.
As we pulled up in his Mansion, my eyes went wide open. How in the name of God does just one person live here alone?
It's crazy!!! 
He stepped out of the car and was making his way to the entrance and i knee i had to say something, anything.
"Mr. Leoandro, I'm so sorry if I did anything wrong, I just don't get it, since we left the restaurant you've been so angry".

  "I don't care what you do what your life vivian"
I tried to cut him off with more apologies
"you are not my type.
You can never measure up to the kind of women I hangout with. I have alot on my mind, i cannot be bothered about the likes of you,  you're the least of my problem"
I clamp mouth shut, confusion clearly visible on my face. What did i do to deserve this.
"If you'll excuse me I have a lot of work to do.
I sat staring after him,
I can feel angry tears rolling down my cheeks.
I made a fool of myself apologizing to him.
I watched him take a few steps before he turned around to say
" Make sure you have the files worked on and ready on my table first thing tomorrow morning"
He turned back again without waiting for any reply from me.
Peter saw all that happened and the humiliation was too much to bear.
I allowed the tears flow freely, stiffling the sounds.
"Miss. Vivian we're here"
 I fell asleep in the car from all the exhaustion of crying.
I looked out the window to see familiar surroundings.  Getting out of the car, and I stopped half way when Peter spoke to me
"Ma'am, I don't know what transpired between you both and I'm sorry about that. Mr leoandro is a very good man but sometimes he's not just in his best mood".
I gave him a weak smile and nodded my head, "thank you Peter and goodnight ". I'll see you tomorrow at work.

My legs were so weak, it's a wonder how they manage to carry my body.
I was so pained from hearing all that Leoandro told me.
  Lenore is  watching our favorite TV show "The Boss" when i got in.
"Babe you OK? She looks very concerned and it brings fresh tears to my eyes and down my cheek
"oh my God!  What happened simdi? Is  that asshole Cashmore at it again?
He has crossed the line simdi.
I will break his fucking neck...
I wanted to speak but I couldn't as more tears rolled down my cheeks.
She was going on and on about ways to murder my boss.
I will cut off his dick and feed it to the pigs..."
I gave her a weak smile and she pulls me in a tight hug, "it's gonna be fine baby ".