The girls night out!!! TGIF

Sophia had been so helpful through out the week and I finally got to meet her handsome boyfriend; Javier is a great guy and they look perfect together. I caught myself staring at them a couple times and sighing in awe.

I have a beautiful view of New York city from the balcony of my apartment that I Love and I cannot help but stand to stare whenever I walk past it.  I was doing this,  taking calm slow breaths while I stare  at the beautiful city when I heard a knock on the door and quickly went to check who it was.
A white lady, probably in her late twenties  with  green sparkly eyes and  long silky brown hair stood before me.
She was standing close to luggages and I quickly assumed they were hers.
She gave me a warm smile and introduced herself
"Lenore.  Your roommate. And you must be Cheesiiiiimdaa"?
She said it like she was trying to call out animal noises and I laughed.
"Yes. I  am chisimdi". I said correctly, I could not get the smile off my face.
"O my God
I'm so sorry
I tried it in my head and it sounded so nice. Until I opened my mouth and blew it
You have a beautiful name"
She felt bad and I knew then that I shouldn't have laughed.
"Thank you.  And it's okay. I replied.  I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable.
She looks relieved and then shoves her hand into her handbag and I watched her as she shuffles through it for something. She was going at it for what seems like forever before she finally finds what she's looking for.  I can tell she is frustrated by the search because she has a little frown crease on her flawless  face.
" I do that sometimes" she said with a little laugh and I smiled.
She handed a paper to me that states we'll be sharing the room and although I didn't need to read it but I did anyway.
I wasn't expecting anyone tonight and I realized I probably look like a jerk for keeping  her standing outside.
I opened my hands to hug her and she returned the gesture
"Come in Lenore
I have been expecting you.
I hope you had no trouble locating the apartment " I said in a singsong voice.
I am happy she's here.  It's been kind of lonely.
I grabbed some of her bags and she made her way in with the rest of them.
She was scanning the room quietly before making her way to her bed.
I grabbed my phone and texted Sophia 🙂

"Lenore is here, are you aware? "

Sophia🙍  "Yeah babes. sorry I wasn't able to tell you about it earlier, I'll be around soon".

I sat down on the bed and watched her  unpack her things and getting settled in.
"do you need help?"  I asked
"thanks but I got this" she replied with a  smile before she continued
"You must be from Africa or are you black American?"
I giggled.
"I'm Nigerian.  That's a country in West Africa. I silently hoped she knew Nigeria.
"Really? Wow!"
She stood up straight and looked at me intensely. It was almost as if she was studying me.
I could tell she was thinking about something and I started to feel uncomfortable before she burst into a full smile.  She seems happy with the information I just told her.
She walked to the bed and sits close to me

"I have met some Africans but I have never met anyone from Nigeria before.
you're so beautiful"

I laughed.
"Thank you,  you're beautiful as well Lenore"
"I really wish I can really pronounce your name so perfectly Chisamiddi" 😂
I couldn't control myself, I placed my hand on my stomach and laughed as she kept trying her luck with different pronounciations.
I should stop her but I'm really having  a good time.
I finally got control of myself and managed to say
"You know what Lenore,
We have a long time to learn about each other and I can still teach you a lot and learn from you too".

-----------------------------------------------------------

It has been a few weeks since Lenore moved in and we have bonded.  We are almost inseparable.  She still hasn't forgiven me for laughing about the way she called my name and promised to make me pay someday.
We both walked down the street  to the bus  station.
"The bus should be here in about 5 minutes"
Lenore said while typing into her phone,
I winked at her in agreement and she stuck out her tongue, we burst out laughing simultaneously and I had to pretend I was having a coughing fit when we had everyone  the bus station staring at us in bewilderment.
The bus arrived immediately and we got in.
Lenore is very familiar with the city 'cause she has visited a couple of times and so I let her pick the restaurant.
We got greeted by a waiter  and as he took our orders and left, We got busy taking selfies.