New York City

"ladies and gentlemen,
        Welcome to  JFK international airport"
I heard the announcement come up and my mind went blank for a minute.
       "...and the entire crew, I’d like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice day"

My flight arrived at the busy airport of an entirely different continent and i was still shaken from the crazy turbulence episode.
   "breathe in,  breathe out"
I tried to steady my racing heart
I have only seen pictures and videos of America and I never knew i was going to be here someday.
Everything looked so different and people were moving in a hurry.
I let out a long sigh and realized i had been holding my breath.   "I still cannot believe i'm here". I muttered under my breath.
I shook off the many thoughts in my head and quickly grabbed my bags and the foodstuffs my mom had packed for me.
getting African meals in America is possible but it is also quite expensive and  so I came prepared.

'Yawning slowly'    I already feel home sick and I miss my Mom badly, but i also need this. I had to remind myself that this  scholarship is something I've worked for every single day whilst and after I got my degree.
I could not get a job because of the corrupt system of Government we have in my country and I cannot bear the thought of not getting my  Masters  and my life in order before I consider marriage...
(lost in my thoughts),
I hear a voice and I looked up  into bold hazel nut eyes.
This blonde lady, probably in her  thirties was staring at me
"Hmmm.....you must be Chisimdi." 
she said with a small sweet smile dancing on her lips
Of course, she did not pronounce my name correctly, Most people i meet cannot.
back home in Nigeria, it's difficult for other tribes to pronounce it like the Ibos would.
"Yes. I am Chi'sim'di"  I said correctly and with a smile.
I recognise her.
Before my arrival, i had been chatting  with someone named Sofia, she worked at the students recruitment office in NYU.
And we agreed she was picking me up from the airport.
She is looking so elegant with her hair  in high ponytail, she is putting on white camisole, a leather jacket and black pants with ankle boots.
I had on a smile too wide for my face and i knew it was going to hurt later but I am all  about making the best first impressions.

" Hi, I'm sofia" she said, probably wondering why I'm smiling too much.
"I'll help you with your bags and I'll show you around" she continued
We made our way to her car and she  shoved my luggage in The trunk with one swing and drove off.

It was a silent drive, and she breaks it with stories of NYU  and the beautiful places I should visit during my stay here.
I cannot wait to explore,  there are alot of places on my bucket list and Sophia seems like the perfect tour guide.

Pulling over, I stepped out with Sophia and made my way to the registration center. Sophia was helpful throughout the checking in and registration process since I'm new to the system here and after long hours of "processing this and processing that"
I was given an apartment outside the Campus.
I was ecstatic that I won't be living far from Sophia Because  we had already sort of  bonded and i had decided that i liked her. She is a pretty cool person and she's equally getting a PhD in the Harris school of public policy where I'm getting my M.A too.

I got into my new apartment and I fell in love with the beautiful wallpapers all over the wall.
I am not a fan of wallpapers but this is surreal and It is way beautiful compared to my room back at home and It's  bigger too... A perfect study Arena of a room.
I'm going to be sharing it according to Sophia  but, I haven't seen any signs of a  roomie yet!

I thanked Sophia as she showed me around town. I still have three weeks before  i begin my classes and  I need to blend in and know my way around the campus and  the beautiful city.

Sophia offered to pick me up the next day so we could  go  grocery shopping.
She Handed over her cell/home number for when I'll  need her assistance  and because she stays like four blocks away.
She has been super nice and super helpful and i wonder how today would have been without her help. "Bless her sweet soul" i said with a big yawn. I am "helluva" tired.

I couldn't unpack my bag, I was way too tired to be doing that now. I made my way to the bedroom and collapsed on the soft bed,
two deep breaths in and I was already on my way to Africa!😂

Hey guys! This is actually my first book and please vote and like too. Pardon any errors and all of that.
Thank you lovelies!!!😘♥️♥️