Meeting Cashmore

The sound of my alarm blasting literally brought me back to life.
I had gone to bed super  exhausted from battling all sorts of feeling.
I went from being happy about having my very first interview invitation to being nervous about it.
I glanced at my phone, it's 6:30 am.
Sigh!

I'm having an interview today and I'm nervous as hell. I tried to calm my raging nerves with steady breathing but it wasn't working
Arrrrrrgh
I had my bath and dressed up in knee length pencil skirt with a chiffon shirt tucked in firmly  and a wedge shoe.
I checked myself in the mirror,  I needed to look very professional.
My natural Negro hair was packed in a bun and I applied very little makeup, almost barely noticeable.

"You look beautiful,  Will you stop looking at the mirror already.
You have to get going before the traffic gets crazy.  You don't want to be late for your first interview, That will Not make a good first impression"

Lenore walks in with a cup of coffee in her hand
and I go into a frenzy, I grabbed my bag and checked to make sure I had all my documents in it, satisfied,  I break into a run, blowing kisses at Lenore on my way out

"Good luck" I know you'll get this"
she called after me and I can hear her laughing.

I had no time to spare today and so I hailed down a taxi, I usually don't take use Taxis except its urgent and this is Urgent.
The bus is more cost efficient and I don't have money to throw around so I always stick to it and its been fine so far until now

"where are you headed ma'am?

I handed him the address of the company and within 30minutes, he pulled at the entrance.

My jaw dropped as I stared at the tallest building in New York City "Cashmore Ent."  I  have not seen anything like it before,
I stood frozen for what felt like forever until my legs cooperated and decided I had to make use of them if I needed to move.
I greeted the security guards at the entrance and made my way to the receptionist desk.
The blonde lady  looked at me with so much disgust on her face.
"what are you here for?  She jeered
I was smiling when I came in,  and honestly wasn't expecting a rude remark from anyone but this does not deter me.

"I'm here for the interview!"

I say this with a smirk and watch as she stops to stare at me for a moment before she says

"Make your way to the 13th floor ask of the HR"
I turned my back on her but not before I said "Thank you"
She wasn't expecting it,  and it felt good to see her look surprised.
I got into the glass elevator and pushed on the 13th floor.

I got there and thank goodness I  didn't have to ask around for the HR office.
I did not want to have to deal with another rude assistant.
A pretty lady asked if I was here for the interview just as I stepped out of the elevator and she is very sweet and kind.
I nodded and she leads me into a room
Where I handed over  my CV and other documents required of all the candidates.
Few minutes later, she comes back to say she isn't taking the next interview but  Leoandro Cashmore himself.
Immediately, most of the ladies started adjusting their clothes while making sure  no string of their hair is out of place.
And I sat there shivering,  my heart is racing and my anxiety is back.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Leoandro p.o.v

I don't conduct neither have I carried out any interview for my personal assistant in the past, But this is different, after what happened with the last personal assistant I had, I decided to involve myself on the interview process this time around.
The last P.A.was a selfish two timing piece of..
who sold out  company's information to an opponent.
I just want to conduct this one myself and if history repeats itself again,  I'll be my own damn P.A.😂
I have tried to work without any assistant after the incident but, its not an easy feat, Cashmore Ent. is fast growing and very demanding.
more contracts are been awarded to us I need someone travelling with me and being available all the time.

I called the HR and asked her to inform the candidates that I'll be there for this round of interviews.
I  did it; so those who are not confident enough to be interviewed by their boss can leave and save us the stress.

I have interviewed eight people already and I'm super exhausted. I almost picked a random person but that's not what I need now.
The name on the next CV was written in a native name with an english second name to be Vivian.
I got a facetime call from Miguel and I knew it had to be urgent because he barely calls on facetime.
I stood staring at the view of New York City from my glass office.
I hear someone enter my office and I know she's the next candidate,
I  did not turn around and I expect her to make herself comfortable while I talk to my brother.
He's manages the other branch in New York, while I'm in charge of the HQ.

She greeted me and I gestured for her to sit  without looking back.

As I turned around,  I stood looking at the same woman that had the effrontery to make a mockery of my ego some weeks ago.
I got upset seeing her here, and frowned at her.  I knew the moment the recognition, it dawned on her because Her jaw drops open and she starts fidgetting and looking at everywhere else but, at me.
I couldn't believe it either, that means she had no idea who I was the night she insulted me.

Still,  this is a professional setting and I will treat it as such.
I picked up her CV while I asked her few questions about her qualifications and work experience.
She has a lot of work experience but all in Africa.
I find myself thinking about how beautiful
She is and I just can't stop looking at her lips; as much as I hate her and want to see her beg
there's a part of me that wants to know more about her.
She's still in the process of acquiring a Masters degree at the age of 24. She's smart,confident and understands the essence of confidentiality and that is what I'm looking for.

I stood up and she followed suit.
I told her she's hired  and watched as her eyes grew wide open.
I know she did not see it coming, not after the stunt she pulled that night  But,  I cannot deny the fact that she's the best I've interviewed and I don't want to interview anyone one else.
I have to admit it feels good to be the boss  in the game and throwing her off balance made me feel warm all over.

The interview is over after the selection has been made, I called for the HR to get her ready on everything  and as they made their way out of my office,  I called Victor and Miguel to fill them in.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't believe that the same guy I abused is now my boss.
A lot of questions kept going through my head.
"why did he employ me?"
"should I be worried?"
"is this some sort of plot to make me pay for my outburst? "
My mind is laden with worry
I should be happy but I was also confused, 
He should be hating me right now and calling  the securities to throw me out of his building.
That encounter at his office a while ago is one of the most unforgettable moments of my life.
I was clearly lost in thought but not for too long.
"ahem
  Miss Chisimdi!"
Wrongly pronounced again,

"it's fine you can call me Vivian", I said, 

and she smiled and asked if I understood all she said,
I nodded  as we stopped at the secretary's desk.
Joyce. She's around her mid forties and with her accent she's obviously Irish.
And the HR manager left me  with her.
She tutored me on how my boss likes his coffee which has to be served as soon as he arrives for work.
She's a very lovely and nice woman, I wish they can switch sides and she becomes my boss.
I laugh at myself... I'm already getting around the use of the term, "boss"
having a boss,  means I have a job and that means I'm going to have money coming in,  and that's all that matters.
After the instructions on my daily routine, She said I could leave but not after reminding me I'm expected to resume work immediately.

I got some veggies on my way home,  I was going to make dinner.
I just couldn't control myself, I cannot wait fill the girls in on all that happened.
I quickly texted the girls to meet me at home.
It's going to be one helluva dinner.