Chapter 5: The Truth

They headed into the tower living room and sat down, waiting for Danni to start with her story. As they all looked at her they noticed how hesitant she was, Bucky immediately sat next to her and began rubbing her back, as he had seen done on the Television, hoping to provide comfort to Danni. 

She took a deep breath and began her story.

-----------The past/Danni's POV----------------

I just turned 8 today....I think. I'm not exactly sure. I haven't seen Mommy or Daddy for a long while. I miss them. 

I'm with these mean people that poke me with needles and hit me when I say 'no'.  I hate it here. But it's okay my parents will come and get me. They won't leave me.

-------15 year old Danni------

I'm currently training with one of the remaining trainers at HYDRA. Apparently the rest refuse to train me as I'm too violent. I mean come on, I'm a teenager I'm bound to be a little moody but cut me some slack...I FOUND OUT MY PARENTS WERE KILLED BY HYDRA....they expect me to follow every command. 

Too caught up in my thoughts I didn't realise I had left my right side open and was immediately shoved down. My head hit the ground and the world started spinning. 

"GET UP!" The trainer barked, kicking my side while forcing  me onto my back. 

Forcing myself to stand on aching bones and shaking legs, I faced my trainer, only for my face to shoot to the side from the hit. Keeping my tears at bay I move my face to look at one of the many monsters I'm surrounded with.

He kept the snarl that was threatening to come out, in. His eyes set into a glare, his rough hand grabbed me by the elbow, dragging into a room I knew well. The torture room (Picture up top). I didn't fight, knowing it would be worse if I did. 

He grabbed the chains that are attached to the ceiling, dragged me over and attached them to my wrists. He walked towards the back wall, where a lever was and brought the lever down. In an extremely fast motion I was dragged up to the ceiling, my toes dragging against the ground. 

My eyes closed, almost as an instinct, knowing what was coming. Hearing him take the bat from the box of equipment, my eyes closed tighter not wanting to believe this is what my life came to. Being tortured be people who shouldn't exist. 

Then I felt it, the cold wood colliding with my body. I refused to satisfy him with my screams or tears so I kept them in. Hit after hit, after hit. They just kept coming, until what felt like hours later. He put the back down and, after getting me down, dragged me back to my 'room' and tossed me in.

--------19 year old Danni--------

I'm a asset. I'm an asset for HYDRA. 

All these thoughts trying to push their way through my head, trying to take over, was giving me a serious migraine. Seriously whose smart-ass idea was it to put people, they expect to work for them, through this. I don't know what it's supposed to do but they said that I wont remember a thing. 

I'm not scared, just intrigued. I was created to not be scared. Technology always fascinated me, how someone could create something so complex and ingenious, it's amazing. 

Suddenly, the electrocutions (A/N: Is that what the machine uses?) stopped and the partial mask was lifted from my face allowing me to see with my full vision. My breathing hard from the memory stripper 2000 (a/n: IDK what its called so there is my name for it) ,my body dripping with sweat. 

My eyes searched the room, looking for he who shall not be named...Vol....Dr Volko (You so thought I was gonna write Voldemort) ,he came out from behind the protective glass, writing notes on, what looked like, my file while sneaking glances at me, the doe-eyed beauty they made a killer. 

Volko was a man that time didn't do well with. His face was wrinkled, he rarely smiled and when he did, it looked like he was extremely uncomfortable. He was balding on the top and, where he still had hair it was long and tangled. His glasses made his worn eyes look three sizes too large for his face. His eyes were an electric blue, contrasting with his dark hair, making him look sinister. 

"What's your name?" He asked, his voice sending chills down my spine and making me internally cringe.

I didn't give them the satisfaction of thinking they broke me.  " I'm pretty sure it's Danielle, but with all the punishments, I could very well been wrong but I'm not sure because I could be suffering brain-damage. Although, your crusty face might have already done that as I'm sure no-one looks that bad but I wouldn't know that either as your guards kidnapped me and kept me her as a some sort of toy a dog won't let go of."  was my snarky reply earned my a slap but seeing his face go red as worth it.

He called the trainer guard over and whispered something I couldn't catch from my laboured breathing. Both of the men looked at me, with a look of, maybe excitement. I hadn't seen it before. They dragged me to the torture room and from then it was a blurry.

--------Present----------

 The more memories she told, the more the Avengers felt horrified. She went through training, torture, experiments, all while the Avengers were busy with smaller things. They all felt guilty. That was something Danielle saw after she finished, and she hated that these amazing people felt that way for something they couldn't control.

"You shouldn't feel guilty" Stated Danielle, startling them as they didn't realise that they had shown how guilty they felt. "You didn't know, it isn't your fault." Her words helped most of them fell a little better.

Bucky, however, felt that he should have helped. He should have thought about what other people were going through. A sudden thought pushed it's way through his head,"Did they ever erase your memories?" He questioned, somewhat hesitantly. 

Danielle paused for a minute, debating how to word it "They tried...But for some reason they never managed to." She yawned, suddenly realising how tired she was. "I'm gonna head to bed." She stood up, yawning again, and waved blindly to those in the room and headed to her room.

As she left, everyone else there slipped into there own thoughts, making a tense silence. 

All of them making a message with their eyes, wanting to make this the best rest of her life they could.

But who knows how long she will last...

---------------------------------------------

Me: "What's up people?"

Readers: *Running at me with pitchforks and torches

Me: "IM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING."

I am actually sorry, I've been so busy with college and I've had most of this chapter done but I needed to add a few more things. I will post again either today or soon.

With the speed of the relationship between Bucky and Danni, I am gonna take it slow. So their friends now then it will progress. Planning more Bunni moments. (Scooby: Bunny, boing boing boing boing." Tell me some one knows what im talking about)

See ya 

-Lili