Chapter 1: Broken

They came silently.

No one around could hear them as they approached the large house. Weapons at the ready, uniform on, everything was going as planned. It was a simple mission: get the girl and leave. They knew what they had to do and they knew if they failed, their life would be on the line. HYDRA wasn't a place where agents got second chances, so they knew screwing up wasn't an option.

One of the agents had come to the house earlier that day dressed as a social worker, pretending to do a routine check-up. When in reality he was there slipping a sleeping pill into the child's juice. 

Obviously not knowing of the child's fast metabolism they expected the pills to work throughout the night and during part of the next day. 

This, however, was not the case. 

Some of the agents stayed outside on watch as the others headed inside to the girl's room. She was fast asleep as they entered. Sleeping soundlessly in the aqua bed-set to match the ocean theme throughout the rest of the room. 

They headed over to her sleeping form and grabbed her carefully. The child woke and started screaming, completely unaware that she was meant to be under the influence of sleeping pills, alerting the entire house-hold.

Her mother and father's eyes snapped open so quickly it was almost like they were awake the whole time. They raced up and out of bed, sprinting down the narrow hall. Turning around the corner they stopped, realising that there were some people slightly outside their eight year old, daughters room. They were too in thought, trying to think of a way to get there daughter, that they didn't notice a HYDRA agent had already spotted them. He alerted his fellow agents to eliminate the minor problem, so while they dealt with the parents, he would help keeping the doe-eyed child quiet.

The agents who had been warned turned around and raced to the parents just as they began to try and find a weapon to knock the, unknown to them, HYDRA agents out. He brought his gun up, readied it and pulled the trigger. The dad getting hit first, slowly sank to the ground and when he looked up with a look that kills, it softened when he saw her. His pride and joy. The one he vowed to protect and failed, his little girl. As his breathing got slower, his heart slowing down, his upper-body dropped with a thud, his wife screamed in the background mixing with their daughter's, became blurred. He took his last breath knowing he would die, yet hoping that some miracle would happen. Unfortunately, none did. There was no white light to give him hope, there was no hero to save what was left of his family. There was just black.....

Soon after the husband died the mother followed, in almost the exact way. A gunshot to the chest , praying for a miracle, hearing her daughter screaming for her to wake up and save her as she took her dying breath. 

But no one did....

Both parents had failed....

HYDRA completed their mission....

They have Danielle....

They have their new weapon.... 

Now it was time to break her....

---------------------------------------------

HEY GUYS,

HOPE YOU ENJOY THE FIRST OFFICIAL CHAPTER IN MY FIRST STORY. IT TOOK ALOT OF TIME AND WORK DUE TO A FEW MISTAKES, BUT I GOT THERE.

PLEASE COMMENT TO HELP ME OUT WITH MY CHARACTERS PROGRESS AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY. I WANT TO UPDATE AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK SO IDEAS ARE APPRECIATED. 

-Lili