Chapter Twelve- Cars

When we had left the restaurant, Devin gave me a weird look. "Adria, how the heck did you eat that much?" His eyes  were wide. I thought back to my breakfast meal. Two servings of scrambled eggs, three pancakes, two sausage patties, one hash brown, five pieces of bacon, three pieces of toast, one muffin and two cups  of coffee.

"I told you I was hungry, and that you shouldn't pay for it." I laughed and met his eyes.

 "At least you're not one of those girls who are afraid to eat in front of guys." He opened the car door for me and I took my seat. Swiftly, he moved over to the other door, his seat, after closing mine.

"Food is my first love and is something I would never give up or get sick of, no matter who was around. Guy, girl, President Of The United States, my celebrity crush, anyone. I will eat my food and enjoy it." I said. Devin looked at me and laughed, before pulling out of the parking lot.

"Who is your celebrity crush?" He asked me.

"Louis Tomlinson! He's my favorite member of  my favorite band, One Direction!" I said over enthusiastically.

"If you had to choose me or Louis Tomlinson , who would you choose?" His tone was a bit to serious for this topic.

"Louis, for the simple fact of I have never met him in person or gone to one of  his concerts."

"Ouch." He said, hand on his heart.

"Just kidding, maybe." I looked at him and flashed a smile. He smiled back at me, then turned his attention back to the road.

The next thing that happened caught me by surprise. All I heard was a tire screech, the sound of two cars slamming together, someone scream my name and my own scream. Then, my world went from colorful, to red, to black, all to soon.