Chapter V: Outsiders

"I'll wait outside" Luna announced

"like hell you are, i want you to meet them" Cammy frowned

Luna felt uncomfortable with the situation, she anxiously closed her sweaty fists and nodded.

Cammy reached for Luna's hand, flattened it and intertwined their fingers. She pulled Luna inside with both hands.

Luna was too focused on her heart breaking to notice the people inside around the table once they were in.

Jacen, brown hair, blue eyes and light beard greeted them with a smile. The other people they didn't recognize were soldiers.

Luna noticed a red-haired girl and two odd looking tall and thin guys. One seemed bored with his life and the other was sad.

"GET. OUT" Mary expressed locking Luna with a shocked face, she glanced at Cammy pointing her finger at the other girl with an open mouth "is that? Isn't that-?"

Cammy couldn't help but smile happily. Luna was family, and she was alive.

"that's Luna, my significant partner in crime. Luna, this is Mary, an engineer and a sweetroll of attitude. This is Nate, our designated driver.. and Raphy, our cat" Cammy joked

"hey!" Raphy protested "i'll have you know i'm a talented chess player and a professional dancer to every Dua Lipa song"

"I'm too bored with this to be in the right mind to drive" Nate sighed, he glance at Cammy and cleared his throat and said to Luna "so, i'm glad you're not dead, you make soldier Carlos smile"

"soldier Carlos?" Luna laughed "really?"

Cammy lightly punched Luna's shoulder and let go of her hands "get used to it"

Luna was still laughing "okay Cameron"

"i will kill you!" Cammy warned

Luna raised her arms in defense, she controlled her laugh and shook hands with Mary and the boys.

"So you two are an item?" Mary asked

Cammy and Luna exchanged quick glances before Cammy scoffed "what? No. We're very close, friends"

"good. Cause your bandmate is too hot for you Carlos. I call dibs" Mary smirked suggestively at Luna

Luna's face turned slightly red, she laughed it off.

Cammy laughed along, she let her laugh die slowly into an awkward annoyed expression.

Jacen cleared his throat, the girls' attention turned to the men in the room. He started "this is General Ryan, he's in charge here"

Luna and Cammy nodded at him. Ryan was a man in his forties, with white hair and an untamed medium white beard.

Cammy whispered to Luna "he looks nothing like Ryan Gosling"

"We will begin the evacuations immediately but it's going to take some time to prepare the people here" General Ryan repeated for the newcomers

"Can i ask something? I haven't been able to meet with you befo-" Luna started

General Ryan interrupted "Jurado right? You caused us a lot of trouble during the past month"

"if you people would talk to me, i wouldn't have-" she protested

General Ryan interrupted "you have been through a lot i assume. It would be wise for you to rest and not concern yourself with-"

"Could you let her speak?" Cammy cut him off