Chapter I: Ambassadors

The sand was green around Cammy, bodies of burnt people were scattered around. Two moments later she heard a deafening explosion and felt an unrelenting force shooting her up from the ground into the sea. She held her breath, opening her eyes under water. Solid rocks and metal were falling like meteorites on fire into the ocean, taking her by surprise a giant piece of wall hit her shoulder.

Cammy screamed in pain, she was spun around, flapping her hands trying to get to the surface. She didn't have much time since she accidentally opened her mouth and allowed water in. She was suffocating and struggling for oxygen.

With newly found courage, she pushed her way up. Breaking into the surface, she inhaled the deepest longest breath she ever took. Breathing heavily she looked around, trembling and surprisingly cold. The water was always warm in Miami, seeing that she just witnessed hell falling from the sky she was shivering and far from warm.

Her shoulder was sending jolts of pain into her body as she swam to the red beach. The moment Cammy's fingers touched the glowing sand she yelled in agony and retracted her hand in reflex. She retreated to the sea in fear, trying to make sense of what's going on.

In the distance where hotels, buildings, nightclubs, palm trees, cars and bicycles normally stood; she saw absolutely nothing. It was like being transported to an unfinished minecraft universe. The beach where many celebrities and normal people where enjoying their time, was wiped out. Wiped out may be an inaccurate description, what she saw was a wave of fire eating away everything alive, all fabrics, cabins, clothes, umbrellas.

She felt the air grow extremely hot, the water and sun protection she had on, may be the only thing protecting her from this hell fire.

Cammy's heart was skipping beats and her insides were in turmoil, she tried to focus on her surroundings to make sense of what was going on. Everytime she tried to analyze the situation, her eyes focused on a melted body in the distance and her throat felt like exploding. She finally gave in to this reality and cried loudly, she screamed until she couldn't anymore. Cammy was coughing and crying, she grabed her left bruised shoulder with her right burnt fingers.

There was no telling how much she stayed in the water before her feet gave in and she felt like she couldn't keep herself floating. Slowly her exhausted eyelids were closing and she froze.

She gave in to the gravity and sank in, her eyes slightly parted open, the last thing she saw was a red sky across the surface.

...

Cammy opened her eyes and tried to get up, she winced and noticed her shoulder and hand were bandaged. She recalled the images of what she witnessed and immediately sat up, ignoring the pain.

"good, you're awake. Do you know how lucky you are? If it wasn't for the force of the explosion miles away that pushed you in the sea, you would have been roasted. Literally" the young man spoke in monotony "we found several other survivors in the sea, it saved many people from the heat wave."

Cammy focused on his face with her disoriented blurry eyes, she saw a guy in a military haircut with scratches all over his face. His black eyes held hopelessness.

"the name is David, and you are Cammy Carlos." he paused and looked down playing with his fingers "my wife and i, we played your song Nirvana for our two years old daughter this one time. Tracy loved it, she was dancing and jumping around"

David stopped talking and covered his eyes with his hand, he started sobbing while trying to hide it. Agitated he clenched his jaw and looked back at Cammy who wasn't yet registering the new developments. A day ago she was chilling on the beach with a friend and discussing her upcoming project. Was it a day ago?