The show has just begun [22]

Even after Ray and Henry disappeared through the tube, I tried to hold back the wild vines with all my remaining will I had left. My arms were aching, horrible pain shot right into my mind, causing the entire Man Cave whirling around like crazy. Not to mention the electric shocks and annoying comments I got through the microchip. It came mainly from the older Minyak, while Tyler was suspiciously quiet all along. I only heard him once - when his dad commanded him to start searching after the vanished superheroes.

However, after an hour or two, I couldn't bear the pain anymore. Even the cortex-patch had been extending, creeping rather upwards, toward my head and heart. I felt in my veins something had changed my sensible thinking - my own thoughts concentrated more and more onto wicked aims. I knew they weren't mine, but after the thousandth idea, I wasn't so sure in myself. Kill the Liar, kill the Liar.

~•~

Third person view

As soon as the two were out in the streets, Henry and Ray immediately ran back to Junk N' Stuff to initiate Charlotte and Jasper into the news, hoping the others will have some kind of clever idea what to do.

The entrance of the store flung wide open, the two teenagers looking at the superheroes confusedly. Both Captain Man and Kid Danger were speechless, worrying about Delilah's state down in the Man Cave. They couldn't even have used some kind of machine of Schwoz's since the scientists was out of town and no one could use these inventions. They had to handle the problem with a well-contrived plan, using their pure power.

"Ray! Hen! We've seen the cams of the Man Cave" anticipated the remaining girl member of the team, changing glances between the exhausted heroes.

"Is Del okay?" asked Jasper immediately after Char.

Before replying to the question, Ray and Henry looked at the other, encouraging the other to answer. Both of them were weak from the actions in mind and in soul, as well.

The latter one was worried he may loose his friend and girlfriend at once. It wasn't official back then, but Henry surely felt more toward the girl then toward any other girlfriends he had had before. They were too young and the emotions were so childish. But the time went on, and with his 18 years, the young superhero felt he was ready for a more serious reliationship. Delilah was also funnier than romantic which made her even more attractive for Hen. The only annoying fact was that she was his boss's daughter - it was just so strange.

From the viewpoint of Ray, he was incredibly worried. His bodyparts were shaking from nervousness, sea of anxious thoughts floating all over the superhero's mind. What will they do? They must act as soon as possible, since every moments made his daughter's situation eve worse. Why does she have to suffer instead of him? Finally, he could make a closer connection with his own child - but fate had other plans what they must solve promptly. The man mustn't loose the only child whe had been given to him. After all, he had messed up his connection with Delilah and Rose. It is understandable that the woman didn't want to see him anymore.

"No" replied both the heroes simultaneously.

"Minyak has caught her" growled Ray, his eyes flashing from the anger.

"What?!" asked back Charlotte, eyes widened. She immediately switched on the webcams, checking Delilah's state through the screens. It showed nothing good - the girl was standing in the middle of the Man Cave, eyes glowing brightly. Most of her left arm was covered in that horrible cortex which had even neared her head and heart. Who knows what will happen to her if Minyak takes over her thought? She had such a strangely unique and powerful power! That mad scientist must be stopped. "Uh, guys, I don't want to be a party-pooper but this definitely doesn't seem right"

"Let me see" said Ray, stepping in front of the screens.

Like it had already been written in a movie, Delilah's suffering body stopped. None of our little team members knew what was happening - they all watched the action in dead silence, waiting for Ray's daughter's next move. Naturally, the most worried and stressed one was Ray himself, seeing the poor child suffering for his superhero-being.

Then, from all the sudden, Del's body hardened into stone and the girl made a 180° spin around her own axle, staring right into the camera. Her eyes were widely open, the pupils almost swallowing the iris. Her expression was emotionless like a controlled robot's. When her lips finally unlocked themselves, they whispered only one sentence:

"The show has only just begun"

With that, the girl hit out the camera with Jade - the only sign they could hear was the opening sound of the lift through the audio. She was coming upstairs.