The strangest festival of all [12]

"No fair, I can't see a thing from here!" I whined in one of the last rows in the middle of the park with my second chimney cake in my hands. I just couldn't get bored of it.

"Geez, you act like a kid" sighed Cap, munching on his own pastry. I pretty much doubted that statement. Then he looked at me and laughed at my annoyed expression. "Sorry, I just realised you're too short to see anything"

"You know sometimes you seem like a caring adult, but in the next minute it is proven that you are rather an annoying jerk" I barked back huffily, turning my head toward the stage at the front. I really wanted to see the concert itself as one of my favourite local bands was playing - but all I could see was the back of a meat-tower.

"Why don't you use Una and Jade to lift yourself up?" asked Kid on my other side. Good point, but I couldn't have held me for more, than 5 minutes. At least he tried to come up with solutions, not like the big boy on my other side. I could have knocked out his food from his hands with a good grace.

"I can only hold myself for a couple of minutes but thanks for the tip. At least you tried to help me" I stated, emphasizing the blondie. From the corner of my eye I saw Cap looking at me, his expression telling that he started to realise I was mad. And he was right. I didn't look at neither of them, just tried to listen to the song that was on.

"Congrats Cap, you've just ruined our day" declared the young hero. For a moment he glanced at me, then at Captain Man. Finally, he found out he couldn't do much so he copied me and attempted to enjoy the show.

After we had purchased our cakes from Momma - she could speak English very well -, we walked around the festival, suspiciously eyeing any doubtful people. However, it began quite boring after like 5 laps, so I decided to take a look at the program-booklet. That was when I saw that the Swellview Beasts will play soon - and I couldn't resist a good tune in the middle of Sunday afternoon. Beside, I didn't have anything to study and Henry, Charlotte and Jasper had other programs, so I really had time.

But my happiness lasted until we had reached the stage. It was full of citizens excitedly waiting the four boys appear on the floor. The only place which wasn't full was the last rows with skyscrapers standing in front of us. And with my dwarf height, the only thing I saw was the back of those beasts. Great, right?

"...And the only thing you could say to me was that "Goodbye, I have to leave..."" I sang the song together with the band and the crowd to keep myself busy from being angry. It worked very well, my anger slowly faded away and let the melodic tune took over my emotions. It was a mixed type, half-pop half-rock - strange but pleasant at the same time.

It also made me forget that I only heard the voices when I suddenly felt something between my legs. I immediately turned my attention downwards and freaked out slightly - I glimpsed Captain's head there. I was about to question what he was doing when he grabbed my shins and straightened his back, lifting me far above the people's head.

At first, only some citizens noticed us. Right until the superhero below me sounded, not looking up. "I hope you see the band now, Ms Grumpy"

"Thanks" I stated with a true, honest smile on my cheek. Not caring with the flash of the phones all around us, I could finally enjoy the view of Swellview Beasts and listen to them at the same time, thanks to Captain Man. Maybe he isn't that horrible, after all...

~•~

Following the concert, I told the guys to wait for me as I had to visit the ladies' room.

Because I didn't know where the toilet was, I searched it for quite a while. I didn't mind the alone-time because I had time to think about my personal stuffs - mainly about who that mysterious Raymond could be. Compared to I haven't mentioned him that many times, his thought was still going around in my head like an unstoppable, annoying train. I wasn't afraid that Mom would have cheated on Drake as she herself declared it once to me, when I was old enough to understand the case about dad. Dad... could that Raymond guy have been him? No, possibly not. Mother mentioned several times that he moved to another town when he found out Mom was pregnant with me. And it surely wasn't Swellview... Or was it? Once I arrive home, I'm definitely going to search after this guy. Maybe it is finally time to get to know more about Dad, as well.

After an eternity I finally found the restroom - which I bypassed several times. I bundled off the chain of thoughts from my mind, grabbing the handle and stepping in.

The door slowly closed behind me - at first I deemed it was automatized. But then I heard the lock turning sideways, preventing the incoming and outgoing. As a reflex I launched Una and Jade, who immediately began creeping all around the place like crazy, but found nothing.

I narrowed my eyes, searching for whoever was inside. I moved around carefully while wetting my throat. "Who are you? What do you want from me?"

The mysterious someone didn't answer. Only two hands on my shoulders signaled that I was right - I wasn't alone. The hands violently pushed me against the wall, something cold and heavy clicking around my wrists and ankles. I tried to escape, but the - probably - irons held me against the tiled wall. Then, something had hit the wall by my head before the lights flashed, burning out my eyes as if I looked into the Sun.

It took a while to get my view back - however, what I saw was more than strange. It was somehow reassuring and annyoing to see the newbie jerk from school, namely Tyler. Still, I had to act like I didn't know him. "Who the heck are you?!"

"Oh Delilah, don't you remember me from school?" asked the boy, only less, than 30 centimetres from my face. My eyes couldn't not widen as he mentioned my name, which made a cocky smile onto his lips. "You can't lie very well you know"

"Urgh, you really are a jerk" I rolled my eyes with disgust in my throat. "How did you figure out?"

"I don't remember many people... Maybe because dad likes sending me new school every year" began the explanation Tyler, his warm breath annoyingly blowing into my face. "Whatever, let's not talk about my father now. It was easy to recognize you - I couldn't help but notice your suspicion toward me. You also have a unique, cracky voice which made it even easier. Now, how should I call you... Del or Nat?"

"Will you tell it to others?" I asked with my poker-face on. Inside I was way more nervous but I musn't have showed him that.

"Please, I have other plans to do with you, sweetie" replied the boy, slightly giving me relief. At the same time, my face color changed to a much paler one.

While continuing, he took away his arm from beside me and searched for something in the coat of his jacket. He pulled out a scary-looking tool with revolving and sharp end, a knife and a little box. I gulped as he looked at the tools, then into my eyes. "What are those things?"

"Just some things that will help me reach my goal" answered Tyler my question with narrowed eyes and a pleased sime. Jerk, he surely enjoyed seeing me suffering. Then, he stepped closer to me, dreadfully staring at my neck with his tools in his hands. "You'll be a perfect weapon against Captain Man"