Doubtful future [26]

"It's strange to say but I guess I have an idea" said suddenly Jasper after like 5 or 10 minutes, his eyes shining up pridefully.

We all turned toward him, waiting for him to pan out about his idea impatiently. We had no time to loose.

"Go on then" I said.

"Well, couldn't we use one of Schwoz's invention to find the Minyaks' position? Surely he has something useful" explained the thought the boy, taking a look all over us.

It wasn't a bad idea at all. It was rather brilliant if you ask me.

The cogwheels immediately began consuming the new idea in order to find a possible way we could accomplish Jasper's idea. However, the fact that we need some kind of clue to even start searching for the scientist and his son's home blocked the chain of thoughts that had formed in my mind. There must be some kind of clue to begin searching... There must be. Just a small thing, I don't ask for a huge hint...

My mind was whirling from the wave of thoughts all around. It tried to solve the small problem we had, to search for the only factor which was needed to move on. Surely Schwoz had some kind of super machine with we could start the research, we just need something to start with.

Hold on a second.

"I think I got it!" I straightened my back excitedly in Henry's lap, my heart racing as fast at it could just beat. Everyone turned their attentions onto me, waiting for my explanation. "Schwoz surely has some kind of high-tech machine with we could coordinate the Minyak's position. But to do that, we need some clue to do it... And eventually, we do have a complete microchip, staright from the Minyak mansion"

I could see as the well-known lightbulbs appeared above my friends' heads. A complacent smile formed on my lips and I straightened my back pridefully. After all, this was originally my idea.

"That's my girl! Clever and good-looking like her father" declared Ray, patting my back. The compliment rather sounded like an annoying statement of himself, but I didn't commented it. I was glad we finally got upright.

However, Charlotte did it instead of me. She rolled her eyes while standing up and offering her hand to help me up from Hen's lap. "Alright, handsome family, why don't we start searching for a coordinate-finding machine of Schwoz before I fall asleep from tiredness?"

I accepted her hand and got up onto my feet, taking Henry with me as he was holding my waist or body all along. It was like he feared me from any kind of harm so rather stayed close to me to be able to defend me when it would be needed. I didn't blame him though, I deemed it kinda cute. Plus, it was much better to cuddle onto him then just standing by myself. The only disturbing factor was Ray, who was staring us like an eagle, ready to punch his own sidekick as a responsible dad.

~•~

Hours later I was in my bed, the blanket wrapped around tightly. I looked like pretty much a huge burrito with hair, trying to get rid of the disturbing ocean of thoughts in my head. We hadn't found the exact machine by ourselves so we dialed Schwoz for help. With him, we could find the small device in which we had to stuck the central part of the microchip itself. Fortunately, Char could set up the machine and find the location in no time - however, everyone was so exhausted from all the happenings that we decided to rather take action next day.

Henry, Charlotte and Jasper said goodbye and left the Man Cave and Junk N' Stuff. Only me, Ray and the suddenly-arrived-Schwoz stayed in the basement. We still had so much to speak about with Dad, then again both of us were too wearied to even think. So we said our goodbye to the other and went to our bedrooms, straight into bed.

Of course, I couldn't just fall asleep. No, the disturbing images, thoughts and fears didn't let me relax at all, no matter how hard I tried. I just rolled all around my bed, grumbling about my difficult situation. Welp, I guess at least one situation like this must happen when you are the daughter of a superhero. Sigh.

It could be already past midnight when I heard someone whispering 'pst' multiple times, right into my ears. At first I thought it's just Ray, Schwoz or Hen. But after like 15 minutes of listening to 'pst' and 'Delilah, wake up!' I was so annoyed that I jumped into a sitting position, bumping my head into... Tyler's head.

My eyes widened as soon as I noticed fully who was standing right in front of me. A deep growl came from my throat and I stood up, pressing the jerk against the bedroom's wall with my lower arm. "What are you doing here? Come to ruin my life?" I spat into his face angrily, ready to punch his idiotic visage into the wall.

"Calm down, I've come with peace" answered the guy, gasping for oxygen. "Let me explain"

"Alright" I agreed, stepping back some but surprisingly letting out Jade. The vine locked the jerk onto the wall with a bit lighter hold than I had done. "You have five minutes before I send my creepy, long green fingers into you"

Tyler gulped one, then began with a sigh. "I'm done being that idiot's puppet. I'll help you - if you need it of course"

Firstly, I didn't understand a word from what he had said. Why is he talking so rudely about his own father and wants to help us rather from all of a sudden? I was afraid it's some kind of trap, as well so I eyed him with both suspicion and incomprehesion. "Is that some kind of a trap? Who would betray his own father for helping their enemies?"

"I'm not his blood" spat Tyler with furious expression, eyes narrowed.

What?