Goodbye, World [31]

Delilah's POW

I thought it will work. I really did.

How wrong I was. How could I believe the plan will work? That man was mad. Truly from his heart, no doubt Tyler wanted to escape asap.

But don't hurry so badly forward. Let's continue where I have broken off.

So, after my companion had disappeared in the mysterious room through the opened trapdoor, I stood back and waited for any kind of signal to attack. However, even my ears worked pretty well, I couldn't hear a single word from the conversation. In fact, there was no conversation between father and son. Only a weird mixture of grumbling and muttering which created suspicious and kinda worried feelings in me.

But I waited a bit longer as Tyler had told me to do so. Right until I couldn't bear the stress and the wait anymore. Besides, the excessive silence made me even more anxious about what could have happened to the boy down there.

It was my time to take action and step onto the stable, metal staircase which lead down into the mysterious basement. I could even see the dirty floor from up there, which inclined me even more to act. I sighed with closed eyes, then took the first step downwards, setting up Jade and Una's small alter egos if the attack is needed.

The view of the basement broadened by every step I took down the staircase. Slowly I could see the different sized machines right in front of the walls, some of them were switched on. The floor had been made of old, creaky oak planks, the walls were made of raw brick. There wasn't much noise, only the buzzing of the inventions and the murmuring of a man, who was crouching in front of a wide table. On that could be found strange looking tubes, raw materials, used and unused injections.

It was finally happening. I was in the same room as the man who had ruined not only my life but my friends and family's, as well. And he'll pay for it, that's for sure.

As soon as anger filled my veins through my body, I narrowed my eyes and lifted my hands up to let out Jade toward the man. The vine immediately shot out of my palm, flying rapidly toward the scientist.

After it had reached him, it spiralled all around his chest furiously, trapping him by the power of the surprise. The man jerked up, his eyes widening as he turned around and glanced at me. However, there was something I didn't like about his expression. Because he wasn't frightened at all.

His cocky smile told the exact opposite of that. The man even laughed acrimoniously before greeting me like an old friend. "Good to see you in person, Nature... or should I say, Delilah?" he spat the end of the word.

I bent my brows and curled my lips in anger. My teeth clenched against each other when I answered. "I can't share your joy, Minyak" I barked snappily and noticed Jade to pull the man closer to me. The vine obeyed, the scientist began slowly approaching. The self-confident smile just grew wider and wider when he finally stopped maximum half metre from me. I set mini-Unas ready for the interrogation. "Where are you hiding Tyler?!"

As reaction, the man simply laughed into my face, then pointed with his nose behind me, toward the wall. Carefully, not to let him escape I peeked at the place behind me. Every drop of blood ran out of my head when I saw Tyler's limbs tied against the wall with heavy iron handcuffs. A huge, strange hat-like machine was all over his head, which forced his mind-reading skill back, causing him to grimace in pain. His bodyparts were shaking from the restraint, eyes widened.

I was choked on the scene. Probably that's why I let loose on Minyak, who could act before I could have done anything. He took out something from his pocket and stabbed right into Jade. I didn't see what that thing could be, only felt the ripping pain rushing through the vine, then my arm and into my neck. It hit me so abruptly that my remaining power disappeared from my limbs for a minute, causing me to feel dizzy and almost drop onto the floor. I snatched for oxygen as the strange substance - it is pretty obvious that some kind of chemical compound caused that - started to work in my body.

I drew back Jade and the mini Unas to my palm as I fell against the wall. I tried to hold myself in vertical, but the thing that monster had apportioned into me sucked away all my power. Literally, I was like a ragdoll, leaning against the wall and eyeing the scientist with horrified expression on my cheek.

"What have you done?" I groaned in a weakened tone.

Minyak came closer with slow steps, making the situation even worse than it had already been. He stopped in front of me while grabbing my dangling right arm and lifting it upwards. "Oh, haven't you realised it yet? The strange cortex on your body that has been sucking out all your energy and turning you into a monster? That is my plan B" he began his explanation while placing cold, heavy irons around my wrist. Then he began repeating it with my other arm. I couldn't do anything, so I had to listen to his speech. "Since all my plans failed, I thought I'll come up with a certainly working one against your dear dad. I set up two plans, just in case the first one would fail. And you're a pretty stiff girl, so a simple microchip couldn't really do much against you. So then, my second plan began. Do you want to know what will my little chemical do with your little body?"

I couldn't answer so I just rolled my eyes. However, he deemed it as yes and continued.

"It'll bring out your true form. The plant who has been trapped into your body will now become one with you" spat the man the words into my face, finishing gluing me against the wall. My eyes widened in terror when his evil laugh sounded up, fear growing onto me.

That was the minute when all my hopes faded away, leaving sorrow and my useless body behind.