Woo-hoo! [35]

Two months later, in the middle of July - Delilah's POW

Sitting on the sofa, I heard the well-known, loud tooting of Ray's car in front of the house.

I jumped up excitedly, grabbing my beach-bag, filled with suntan-lotion, a volleyball, my purse and a blanket.

Mom, Drake and Ava followed me outside to say their goodbye for the afternoon which I spent with the dream-team, aka my friends Charlotte, Jasper, Schwoz, Tyler, my silly but sweet Henry and goofy dad, Ray. We had planned to spend the afternoon at the local beach, enjoying the pleasantly warm summer weather.

You may have already thought about how Tyler got into my circle of friends. Well, at the end, it had been unravelled that the guy isn't such a horrible person. Moreover, his company is rather pretty enjoyable with his tiresome jokes he usually blurted out every two hours. That's why his right arm was coloured blue and green, from the hits he had been receiving.

The door shut behind us. I span around and quickly passed out the kisses to my family members. "See you in the evening, guys"

Before Mom or Drake could have said anything else, Ava's eyes shone up in excitement as she glanced a person coming toward our way. It was Ray, possibly with the aim to imform my other parents about our program. Strange to have one mom and two dads, right? Fun fact, that Drake and Ray deemed the other like good old friends while Mom trusted Ray just a little bit. It was hard to even put a smile to her face, compared to how hard Dad had tried to turn the situation a bit better. But of course it is highly understandable after Ray had left her because of fearing too much about his daughter's future.

Well, after that horrible issue two month ago, I could fully understand both of my parents' reactions. It was useless to argue, so I rather accepted my situation and enjoyed both their companies separately.

"Ray!" Ava screamed in excitement, jumping onto Dad with a huge smile on her cheek. As a kid, it was a huge honour for her to enjoy the company of the No.1 superhero of Swellview. My little sister was clever enough to keep the secret as she was able to keep mine all along. She is a pretty clever girl compared to her 5 years.

"Hey there smol bean" replied Ray while lifting up the little girl up to the sky and then hold her only with one arm. Well, if your dad is a superhero, it takes him no effort to do such a thing. "I'm taking Crissy to the beach today with the others"

Drake gave the man a high five while Mom just nodded him slightly, taking Ava off of his arm. It was such a cute moment as my sister changed from one of my parents to the other that I couldn't hold back a smile, filled with sad, happy and imaginative emotions. So this is how they had looked like with me until they had broken up... Such a cute couple.

"It's alright, just take an eye on her" answered Mom to the hero's previous questions with a small smile.

Ray returned the expression, placing his arm around my neck. I took a quick look at him, then back at the others. "I'll be careful, don't worry. After all, I have two extraordinary people and two fiery vines in my palms" I assured them, then took a step backwards, forcing the man to finally move. The beach was waiting us after all.

Arriving to the car, I waved one last toward Drake, Mom and Ava and sat into the car, right where the door flung open. I looked suspiciously into the car while sitting onto the passenger's seat, right onto Henry's lap.

Okay, that was becoming even stranger. I had a really bad feeling about that - while my boyfriend wrapped his arms around my waist and gave a kiss onto my neck, I peeked backwards, finding exactly what I expected. Jasper, Charlotte and Tyler sat in the seats, while a half-bold head peeped out from the space in front of the space which was supposed to be for the leg's space. But just supposed to be.