It's not fight, it's war [33]

Third person view

Hearing Minyak's evil plan, both Ray and Henry's heart stopped beating for a moment, every drop of blood running out of their limbs - which almost made them collapse onto the dirty wooden floor. They were in a dead end, not having any idea how to turn the situation to their side. The nervousness just cranked it up, only letting worried thoughts pour into their minds and closing out the possibility of making logical plans.

Delilah was on the brink of giving herself up to the violent pressure of the wooden creature that had been call forth by the insane scientist. The plan took over so badly that even some of her organs had transformed - she didn't have to use her lungs to breath. The cortex and the remaining surface of skin did it instead of the organs, because of which her chest didn't even move. Plus, she was unable to give a sound, thanks to that trees and plants don't speak. That's why the girl couldn't answer to her friend. The wooden monster had taken away mostly all of her power to live.

Only some metres away, Tyler was just looking in front of himself, trying to regain his lost power and help out the superheroes, Delilah and himself. He knew his foster-father was evil - but he thought that at least he had a crumb of kindness deep in his heart. Turns out, he didn't. He was purely evil from the very beginning.

If he could regrain enough power to see into Minyak's head to find out his plan in details... As the scientist, seeing his son's vulnerability had taken off the special hat that prevented mind-reading, now he had the chance to look into his head. The boy knew he was too weak to do so, but he just had to try it. After all, he stood to lose nothing.

Barely visibly, Tyler carefully lifted his head up a little bit in order to see a part of his foster-father's head. It was a pretty baffling part of his superpower but in order to start mind-reading, he had to look at the picked person's any part of his/her head. Only with that could he start sinking into the hidden thoughts of a person which then rounded him like snakes. Sometimes it was a blessing, sometimes a curse.

The boy narrowed his eyes to force more power into his brain. Fortunately, it seemed to work as slowly, quiet whispers began approaching his ears from the direction of the scientist. Then, the unfortunately so well-known tone of the man associated, turning the whispers to fully understandable sentences. In most cases, it's a much faster process, but with such little power, it took a bit longer.

'Those fools! They will never know it only takes an ijection of my anti-virus to turn back the progress. They believe it's an undoable chemical... Pressing her cortex wouldn't do much plus harm. And as long as they belief stays like that, I have a winning play' The sentences of the scientist twirled around in Tyler's mind, like sharks in the ocean around a bit of bloody flesh.

That's it! Of course, the antivirus! How couldn't he think about it earlier? Surely the power-taking took his logical thoughts as well. Though he couldn't regain much of his power just then, he had a precious information that could help Captain Man and Kid Danger save Delilah before it gets too late.

All he needed was a suitable moment to announce his freshly found infos. He watched the scene from the corner of his eyes as the superheroes and Minyak twirled around the barely living girl, snarling at the other. He waited until the heroes were closer to Delilah, quickly collected power to sound up and then finally took action. "Captain, Kid, use the anti-virus that can be found in the drawer of the big table! Touching her cortex won't make the situation worse!""

As their reaction, all of the three arguing men stopped, looking at Tyler for a minute. While Minyak was shocked from the betrayal of his own foster-son, Ray and Henry wasn't sure to believe the guy or not. But after some moments of thinking the idea through, they rather decided to try out the boy's method. There was a life in jeopardy.

With only a look in their eyes, they decided about the roles and then began acting. Cap made a dash at Dr. Minyak, sending him and himself at the floor. He began beating the man's head as hard as he could, but the scientist seemed pretty resistant. Ray snarled while using up all his strength and forcing the strampelning hands back to the floor, his fatherly instinct breaking forth. He spat the following words right into his arch-enemy's face with narrowed eyes. "If you dare to touch my daughter with any of your dirty fingers, you're gonna be dead"

While the two were fighting, Henry rushed to the table and began searching for the anti-virus in its drawer. He did find injection here - but not only one. There were like ten different coloured ones with incomprehensible names on them.

The blond superhero didn't hesiate for a minute, he grabbed all of them and then dashed through the room, stopping in front of Tyler. The trapped guy wearily glanced at the hero, already knowing the answer to his question. "The red one, into her neck where the cortex is the hardest"

"Thanks" said Hen without considering how Tyler could guess the answer to his question. He didn't have time for that.

Putting the other injections back to their places, he rushed to his girlfriend. Carefully, not to hurt her even more, he lifted up her head, looking deeply into the bright blue eyes. The pain and weariness glowed from the pair of eyes like crazy - but they also reflected the fear from what could happen if they don't stop the horrible process.

"Listen, Del, I can help you, but you have to work with me, okay?" whispered Henry to his girlfriend, trying to keep up the eye-contact.

Delilah couldn't answer, due to the wooden creature in herself. She only nodded as words weren't able to live her mouth or even form.

The younger superhero carefully set the girl's every limbs free from the irons and caught the barely living body before it could have fallen onto the planks. Then, after finding the hardest spot on her neck, Hen stabbed the injection into it, dosing the antivirus into a vein in her neck.