In the Man Cave [2]

Sitting on the sofa, the eye patch was finally removed. I immediately began to blink and had a look at the place, which seemed quite cozy at first with the blue, red and white colored furnitures, walls and machines. I especially loved the strange tubes, huge screens and mysterious doors... and of course the machines. They were pretty cool.

"So, what do you want from me?" I asked, looking at Captain Man and then Kid Danger alternately, who were standing in front of me with crossed arms and poker face. This went on for about 5 minutes, the entire basement being in silence. After it, I couldn't wait any longer. I had already survived a move with travelling and lifting heavy boxes after all. "Okay, I have enough now. You have 2 minutes to begin speaking or else I'll let out the creepy vines right toward your necks and I don't care you're indestructable, Captain"

Fortunately, my mad sound was effective enough to make both of them change their standing position and begin speaking almost immediately. Captain was the first one who began talking with a suspicious expression on his face. "Who are you? Are you that 'Nature' girl from Bordertown?"

Wetting my throat I answered, while trying to slide my hands out of the high-tech handcuffs Kid Danger had put around my wrists

Wetting my throat I answered, while trying to slide my hands out of the high-tech handcuffs Kid Danger had put around my wrists. Thanks God, it was loose enough to let the long, green plants sneak out. "Yes, that's me... and I wouldn't be here if my personal life hadn't changed"

"What happened?" interrupted Kid, shrugging his shoulders as the other hero looked at him with an annoyed look. "Sorry, dude, I was just curious"

"Err, I won't tell you that... I don't even know you. It would be a huge hint for my real self" I brought the move to reason. Come one, only some centimetres and one of my hands will be free... Then I can finally escape from that stupid situation. "It's like you ask what my real name is"

The two nodded in agreement.

Suddenly, the younger one decided to sit down by my side as he got bored of standing in front of me. He turned to face me. "Did you use to fight crime back in Bordertown?"

"Nope. I'm rather the quiet one, really" I answered, dropping the opened handcuff onto the boy's palms. I simply got up from the sofa, dusting my clothes, enjoying the surprised expressions I got in return. "By the way, the handcuff was too loose, my vines could easily open it up" with that I bypassed the table in front of the sofa, passing Captain, as well. "Now please show me how I can get out of that pretty cool basement"

"Wait a minute, please" said Captain and stepped right in front of me, holding his right hand up. I looked at him with one raised eyebrow. "Since you have superpowers that could be used to protect the citizens of Swellview... Would you think about joining us until tomorrow afternoon? If you said yes, come to Swellview Park to meet us"

"Uhm... Okay I guess" I said with narrowed eyes. Firstly, they had caught me, thinking I'm evil and all I want is to destroy everything and everyone. How did they end up asking me to join them? "But don't give it too much hope. I've loved working with the flora and fauna yet"

"It's your choice" stated the man, turning around and walking to the tubes at one of the corners of the basement. Kid Danger followed us to them, stopping by my side. "Who do you want to go out with?"

"Kid" I pointed at the blondie after thinking for more than 2 minutes. To be honest, I only needed a hint how to use those tubes and I would have left by myself.

The previously mentioned boy nodded and led me to the strange but cool-looking tubes which were in an opened position. Kid Danger stepped under the left one, while I stopped below the other one. I scratched my chin, looking at the boy confusedly about what to do next.

I was about to ask what should happen next, when Kid pressed his beltbuckle and yelled 'Up the tube!'. I couldn't help but scream all way long as the cold wind lifted me upper and upper. The entire journey didn't last for 3 minutes, however, I successfully got tube-sick. We ended up in a dark alleyway, somewhere in Swellview.

"Woah that's technology" I turned back, looking at the tubes coming from the ground with an appreciative expression on my cheek.

"Well, you can easily use that every day if you join us" denoted the boy with a half-sided smile.

"I'll think about it until tomorrow" I assured the superhero and aimed my hand toward the corner of a building to let the vines grab it and take me to the sky. It was already about 10 or 11 p.m so I really needed to go home. "Bye Danger"

"See you soon, Nature" he said goodbye and waved at me with a kind smile on the face.

I waved back, then launched into the night sky, thinking about what has just happened to me. Mixed feeling swirled in my mind, some of them telling me it would be the best to join a team of strange people - just like me -, while others whispered the opposite opinion - to stay in the background, just like I did before.

I've always stood up for myself in every situation and I was quite chaffing at the same time. I didn't know I would be the perfect choice for a team with these features... But one thing for sure, I shouldn't tell about this little conversation between me, Cap and Kid to my family members.