Should I trust him? [27]

"You aren't his blood relative?" I asked with a halt in my voice. It shocked me slightly, altough I could have already guess. Just take a look at the two men and you can see from their features that they have never been related.

"I'm not. I'm only his adopted son" replied Tyler. Mixed feelings formed his look and lips - disgust, pity, sadness and anger at the same time. He didn't even look into my eyes for which I didn't blame him. I rather commiserated him, pulling back Jade in order to release him. The guy didn't look into my eyes, only stepped some toward my direction. "You're lucky to have such a nice father like Captain Man"

"I guess you're right... I haven't known him for more than a day but have known as a friend and colleague and what can I say? I'm glad he's my dad, even though we had a little argument before" I stated truly from my heart. This was how I felt about the case. At the beginning I felt pretty upset - honestly, who wouldn't have? - that he only told me after such a long time. However, with that setness of purpose he fought to save me from Minyak's claws I realised I meant a lot to him. Both as a friend and a daughter. "Why did he adopt you, anyway? I mean, he doesn't seem like a typical father. Rather like an evil sad dog with unsuccessful plans"

To my surprise, Tyler didn't answered but asked a weird, completely random question. "Think about something"

"Why?" I reacted uncomprehendingly.

"Just do it, okay?" barked back the guy harshly.

"Okay, okay... You don't have to bite my head off you know" I defended my previous reaction with my hands in front of my chest. Alright, so let's think about something. Hm. What about the first afternoon when me and Hen had such a great time roleplaying? That was quite relaxing and enjoyable. I hope we can repeat it asap.

"After we defeat my father, you'll surely have enough time to your little game with Kid" sounded abruptly the guy, staring me with wide, rounded eyes.

My jaw fell down to the floor. Did I think it aloud? Or... or he has the superpower of mind reading. No way that it is actually possible. "Have you just delved into my mind?"

"Yeah" I got the answer I expected along with a small, wearied smile. "Now you see why he adopted me. My power can be used to find out secrest way easier - but he has never loved me truly" finished the line Tyler, at the end a bit more sadly.

His mournful expression melted my already emotional heart even more. No doubt, he has had a way worse childhood than me. His own father used him up for his power but not loved at all. It was just horrible to even think about.

To cheer him up a little bit, I put my right hand onto his left upper arm and kindly patted it. In return, he looked up, at first pretty surprisedly. Then, the spark of relief shone up in his dark brown orbs and a small, thankful smile creeped up onto his lips. "I don't get why you aren't mad at me at all. I've caused all this pain to you"

"I was angry firstly. But then you've just told me what a terrible past you have had... This changed my vision quite a lot. Beside, if you dare to hurt me now, I'll simply let my vines suffocate you in no time" I declared with a shrug at the statement of warning him. "Now go back to the plan. How exactly have you planned to take revenge on Minyak?"

"Well, he is asleep now so we can easily arrest him before he would wake up. Plus, he told he has some kind of antimatter which could help the strange cortex disappear" explained the boy, whispering the words to be heard only by the two of us. Then, his expression changed into a kinda serious one. I gulped in distress what it will be about. "However, that's an action only for the two of us. You can't take neither Captain, nor Kid. It would be dangerous to take that many people with us" stated Tyler before turning around and opening the door, checking if the other residents were still asleep. Luckily, they were.

He waved to make me follow him along the corridor, through the huge cogwheel and up the tubes. I sighed in anxiously, iterating calming words and sentences to myself before stepping out of the bedroom and following my helper. Relax, Delilah. Nothing bad will happen, right? And even if it did... Well, my situation couldn't be worse than it is already now.