Unexpected visitor [8]

I quickly launched myself toward the alleyway, landing behind two huge dumpsters. I pressed the transformation-button, which changed back my brown-green suit to the flowery T-shirt-jeans-trainers combo and let out the mixed emotions, which burst into tears.

Leaning my back against the cold, brick wall I bent down my head onto my knees, allowing my mainly sad emotions erupt. Even my slightly-made makeup - a little bit of mascara and some barely visible lip gloss - blurred, turning me into a dump of heart-broken, unfortunate teenager I actually was.

Why did I have to fall for him? He was a kind friend with precious company, but I had to fall for him... Typical, poor little Delilah, who didn't have any friends or crushes/boyfriends before. I was too busy with my plants and self-pity that I didn't know what happens in the real world... Why can't he look like an ugly potato with nerd glasses for example? I won't even be able to look into his eyes, seeing him as a friend anymore. But what did I expect? Henry is the most handsome guy in the entire Swellview, of course he has a girlfriend. Whatever, I must clear my mind off and start seeing the boy as a best friend.

Long minutes later, I caught myself on crying even the life out of me, sobbing loudly when someone suddenly touched my shoulders from nowhere. I got frightened so much when I jerked up that I shook together and screamed up loudly.

"H-hey, calm down, I didn't want to scare you" I glimpsed Kid Danger crouching right in front of me with a worried expression on the face. Captain Man was also here, standing in the back with crossed arms and a raised eyebrow.

I looked at the boy, then at the man. "Kid Danger? Captain Man? What are you doing here? How did you find me?"

"Well, we caught some bad boys nearby and we were about to transport them to prison. In front of the alley, we heard you sobbing here and thought to check out if everything is alright" explained the boy, eyeing me with his brown eyes. It was so strange to see them as Delilah and not Nature. "So, what happened?"

I took a deep breath and carefully sat in an upper position, trying not to headbutt him. Wetting my throat, I told him that part of my day which didn't contain Nature. "It's nothing serious, really... Just the usual, teenager-girl problems"

"Like?" sounded Captain from the back with a suspicious look on his face. It was kinda scary.

As I looked back at Kid, I saw his eyes widening and his skin colour becoming pale - however, I didn't understand why as he surely had other problems than my crying self in a lonely alley. He even nearly fell back, but could support himself with his arm by my head. "You mean a heart-problem?"

"No, gosh, a teenager girl surely has many other, super serious problems" I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, eyeing the boy's brown eyes through his mask. I started to feel that he was too close to me.

Before the blondie could say anything, the man in the back got bored of the situation. "Kid, don't you see she is mad and sad at the same time? That's the worst combination of feelings at a girl. If she doesn't want to talk about it, then it's better not to disturb her before she bits off our heads. Anyway, what's your name?"

"Delilah Moore" I answered shortly, wiping off the remaining tears from my cheek.

But Captain Man's reaction was similar to Kid Danger's, who was less, then 30 cm from me. His usual expression froze onto his face while his colour changed. It was even stranger seeing the always happy and hopeful superhero becoming pale. "I-Isn't your middle name 'C-Crystal' by any chance?"

Both me and Kid Danger looked at him - suddenly some sort of mixed feeling caught me, such as suspicion and fear. I even felt dizzy and nearly fell to my right, but the guy could grab me by the waist just in time. I gulped as I looked at him, then turned my head toward the older man. "H-how do you know that? Surely my family haven't told it to many people yet"

"Uh, I just heard it when I was once out on patrolling! Yeah, that happened" explained Cap rapidly, with a pretty fake-looking smile. Then, he turned around and stepped one toward the entrance of the alleyway. "Anyway, we must head back to the Man Cave if the lady doesn't need our service anymore..."

"I won't leave her wander on the streets in that status" declared Kid, not looking away even for a second from me.

His other arm wrapped around my waist as he helped me get up from my place. Nevertheless, I was too weak and tired both from the previous action as Nature and then because of crying my soul out to stand on my feet - I nearly fell back to the cold ground, but fortunately Kid was in the way... So I bumped right against the blond guy's chest. Awkward enough, right?

"Gosh I don't know what's up with me" I stated, maybe too loudly while trying to collect my remaining power on Kid Danger's chest. As I was too loud to even blush, my soul's imaginary face went red instead. I glanced up at the hero embarrassed, but still in my original skin colour. "Uh, just help me out to the street so I..."

Before I could say anything else, the boy put his hand onto my mouth, while trying to hold me vertical. "No. I will take you home and that's it. Cap, could you take the criminals to prison? I'll meet you back at Man Cave"

The mentioned man turned toward us, nodding in agreement. "Of course, Kid. See you later and bye, Delilah Crystal"

"Goodbye" I said goodbye to the superhero, acting as I haven't met him in real life yet and began walking outwards together with Kid by my side. Although I had caught 3 criminals as Nature with Captain and Danger exactly 45 minutes ago... Bruh, I was about to believe that this keep-your-secret thing started to become more and more difficult. Maybe I had other problems beside my broken heart.