End game [34]

Delilah's POW

As soon as Henry pulled the needle out of my neck, I felt some kind of tickle wherever the cortex was attached onto my body. At first it hurt a little bit - it was like burning fire. But then, the tickle made it bearable, even pleasurable. The cortex slowly cracked to little pieces and fell down onto the plan by themselves, leaving my skin enjoy the freedom again. My lungs also started working again, letting me take deep breaths from the damp air. Honestly, it was kinda strange to breath through my skin - I wouldn't even wish that for my worst enemy.

But the best part was getting my voice and full power back, which allowed me to hug my boyfriend tightly. I drilled my cheek into his shoulder, taking a sniff from his well-known Henry-scent. You can't imagine how grateful I was to feel his arms around me and his scent in my nose.

I became so glad for surviving such a horrible event that tears collected in the corner of my eyes, which drew into streams and ran down through my face and onto Henry's superhero suit. I couldn't also stand against sobbing, which made my entire chest tremble while doing so.

"Ssh, it's gone now" whispered Henry to my ear and gave a big kiss onto my neck, which was then finally cortex-free. He patted my hair gently to help me calm down even more. "I think Ray has just broken Minyak's other arm"

"His other arm?" I asked back, not knowing what had happened while I had been knocked out.

"Yeah, his fatherly instincts caused Minyak a broken right arm. Now his other arm is broken as well" explained Hen, patting my back now.

I gently pushed myself away from him to look into his sweet brown eyes. They were relieved that this craziness is finally over, possibly even more than me. I wrapped my arms around his neck, while he did that around my waist. I leaned closer to him, closing up the place between us. It was incredibly good to feel his, warm lips on mines again. "I think I should stop Ray before he brokes some other bodyparts of Minyak"

"Yeah" Henry agreed. Then, before letting me stand up he whispered the following to my lips. "Never run off like that again, okay? You scared the life out of us. We really thought you're already dead or something"

"Alright, alright" I giggled relievedly and gave him a last, quick kiss before getting on my feet.

Ray was still torturing the scientist, now sending his right leg into an abnormal position. I put my hand onto his shoulder, which made him jump a bit. He turned toward me, his similarly blue eyes shining in relief. I could imagine the well-known stone rolling down from his heart as he stood up and without a word, hugged me tightly to him. I almost ran out of breath.

"Give breath" I muttered, trying to ease on his squeeze. He immediately obeyed, loosening up on his hold and stared right into my then joyful eyes. "Happy to see your daughter in one piece, huh?"

"You can't imagine" he laughed, a relieved smile creeping onto his mouth. Then, he gave me another tight hug, placing his chin onto the top of my head. "I missed you, kiddo. Don't run away like that again, or I have to give you confinement"

"Yeah, like you would ever do that" I back-pedalled, a cocky smile parading on my cheek. His smile grew even wider seeing my cockiness. "Come one, let's get out of this place. It gives me the chills. But take Tyler with us, as well"

"As you wish, kid" replied Ray, giving me a last stroke on the back.

On the way to Tyler, I grabbed Henry's offered hand. I was incredibly happy that the craziness was finally over - I got back my boyfriend and my pretty cool superhero dad after all. I could also imagine Mom and Drake's worried expressions as they didn't have the slightest idea of where in the hell I could be. I hope at least Ray and Henry informed them about the insane event.