It's time [29]

The house was empty and dead silent as we stepped in and walked through it. All of the rooms were dark, meaning they weren't used at that moment. For the first look, someone who knows Minyak and his evil little plans well enough, he/she would think that guy has a pretty modern and well-set up security system to protect his precious machines and plans - however, he had exactly none of the mostly used machinery that can be seen in the movies. Not even a properly locked front door. That's why I started to doubt the evilness of that man.

From only one place came out the beams of the light through the gap between the door and door frame. As we approached, strange sounds hit our ears - a mixture of loud murmuring, grind and rattle made my arms slightly shake from nervousness. He was there. Only some metres detached me from suffocating him with my vines. I could smell the unmistakable smell of damp air beside the smoke that was leaking from inside.

Before I could have asked anything, Tyler turned around to face me, his eyes staring mines seriously. That's how he really looked like without the mask his dear foster-father forced him to wear. "I heard you want to kill him in the first place, but don't hurry things. We must work it out properly for success"

"Right" I comfirmed his statement and began thinking out a possibly-working plan. The boy had already adumbrated the plan broadly, but we still had to work out the small details, step by step. It was our only chance to take Minyak by surprise and finally make an end of this craziness.

Here came a dozen of worried questions. Will he have a weapon? What if he attacks us? And most importantly - won't Tyler betray me?

However, I tried not to munch on these questions in my mind since the guy beside me could read them out without straining himself. Instead, I concentrated on the plan itself, still with the anxious feeling in my heart.

At the end, that feeling gave me a clue of how to start the action. If Tyler can read in minds, this means he could read his father's, as well. I immediately turned toward the boy, who for my surprise was looking at me with half-narrowed eyes. It was pretty clear he was reading in my mind again. "Would it work?"

"Possibly. Let me give it a try" responded Tyler while carefully opening the door to get a gap with a size through we could squeeze ourselves into the small bedroom.

The guy held out his hand in front of me, signaling to stop. I was about to question his action both in mind and speech but I found out the reason by myself.

Minyak's secret trapdoor to the basement was widely opened right in front of our very eyes. It was so well-hidden that no one could have found it without help or luck. The door was built under the single bed - and since it was "opened", this meant the bed was in a vertical position, letting my curious eyes peek in.

Now that was something I could imagine at home or in the Man Cave. If we survive that, maybe I bring up the idea to Ray or Schwoz.

The annoyed grumbling of Tyler disclocated me from my thoughts. I turned my attention at him, finding his expression suffering from trying to get into Minyak's head.

"Can you hear anything?" I murmured quietly, trying not to disturb him.

"No. Nothing at all" I got the anxious reply, his eyes wide in strain, staring toward the opened trapdoor without a break. "He must have taken that stupid hat onto his idiot head"

"What hat?" I asked oddly, fear growing inside me bigger and bigger.

"He made a special hat from titanium. That's pretty heavy, but still, prevents my mind-reading skills. It's like a shield through which I can't hear a word" explained Tyler shortly, bitting his lower lip in distress. Poor guy, it could be such a bad feeling not to hear the words when he can read anyone like a book.

"Great" I sighed, sinking back among my thoughts. "Now what?"

"We'll seek in in silence and then attack. You should try and get that hat off of his head so I can hear his plan in order to prevent any tragedy" he gave out the command with fiery, revengeful look in his eyes. I felt so sorry for him - growing up under the force of his own foster-father... Geez, I'm glad to have Ray as my dad even after I had to find it out myself.

"Alright. You go first so he won't get suspicious. Then, when you'll slightly pay his attention at you, I will attack" I continued the plan, which formed well.

The boy nodded in agreement and began walking toward the trapdoor step by step. I followed him until the staircase itself, pricking my ears to the upcoming conversation between son and father.