Chapter 7

Yugi was walking to the train station, with Joey, Tristen, and Tea. They had all gotten invitations, and it was more than exciting. The only downside is that Crystal does not speak to them the whole time they've been up, she even ignored Yami when he said good morning and she just left.

"This is so exciting! I'm ready to kick some duelist butt!" Joey said excitedly, Yugi made the assumption that their invitations said something different than his, and so he never mentioned anything.

"You guys are so slow, We'll miss the train!" Crystal barked back at them, making all of them jump in surprise, "Move it!"

"Yes, sir!" Joey sped off towards the train wait area as quickly as he possibly could and had Tristen tailing him.

"Come on Yugi." Crystal said coldly, her voice dripping with anger and annoyance. Yugi ran off to the train as it arrived and they all boarded it. 

-In the Millennium Puzzle-

"Crystal isn't herself. She must be ready to beat this duel if it's the last thing she does, and if she lets it get to her head, we might lose!" Yami shouted and suddenly heard a door open in the Puzzle. He looked up and suddenly saw someone who looked identical to Crystal, except her skin was more tan and her hair was up in a bun.

"Yami." She spoke softly, her voice a lot softer than Crystal's, "I'm Crystallina, I'm the spirit from inside the Millennium Ring."

"Oh... Hello." Yami waved to her as she walked down a set of stairs and walked up to him, "Why are you in here?"

"Crystal is only angry because Marik is a dangerous man, and she doesn't want Yugi hurt."

"Oh." Yami said, and looked back at the real Crystal standing outside, "I see... I guess I was worried for nothing?"

"Yeah. It's nothing to worry about, That's all I wanted to tell you." Crystallina then disappeared to return back to her Millennium item.

"That was odd." Yami started to ponder on it and thought about it the whole train ride before something weird happened.

-Outside-

"Hey, Yugi..." Crystal said quietly, "Can we go somewhere private to talk?" She whispered into his ear, and Yami slowly started to feel a darker presence around them.

"Uh... sure." Yugi followed Crystal into an unoccupied train cart, and she turned to him, her eyes seem to be glazed over with darkness, "What is it?"

"Can I hold the Millennium Puzzle?" Crystal asked urgently and almost kind of pushy.

"W-What?" Yugi felt suddenly very scared and nervous about Crystal's intentions.

"I just wanna sport it off!" Crystal backed away and started to do funny poses, "I promise I'll return it in a bit." Yugi still seemed to be hesitant, "Here, you can hold my ring." Crystal pulled the ring off and handed it over. Yugi looked over to Yami to expect him to say something, but he just smiled and nodded.

"Go ahead, we can trust her," Yami assured Yugi, and Yugi smiled back at him before taking off the necklace. He handed it over to Crystal who grinned almost wickedly.

"Good, work on his trust! Get him to the point to where he trusts you completely and then you will take it completely away from him!" Marik's voice shouted through her mind and she suddenly collapsed down onto her knees.

"Crystal?!" Yugi shouted, and bent down next to her.

"Here." Crystal smiled and handed the puzzle back to Yugi, "I need to be alone for a minute." Yugi hesitated but he took his puzzle and left. Crystal started to cry, "Marik! Please leave me alone!"

"Trying to defy me?!" 

"I don't want to hurt him..." Crystal laid her forehead on the floor, "I don't want to take the puzzle from him."

"That's your mistake!" Suddenly Crystal's head began to hurt a lot and she lifted up, wondering why she was crying.

"Ah, I should get to Yugi." She stood up and walked off with no memory of what happened, or the memory of the Pharaoh.

"You okay?" Tea asked her as she walked up to the seats they were sitting at.

"Yes, thank you." Crystal smiled and sat down next to her as Yugi gave her the ring back.

"I forgot to give this back to you." Yugi apologized, and Crystal giggled as she put the ring back on.

"No worries, I trust you with it." Crystal looked at Yami with a smile and a wink, making him feel very weird.

-Their arrival-

Yugi and the gang got off of the train to see a large crowd in front of a stage with large lettering over it saying 'Black Eyes Tournament!'.

"This is it, guys." Yugi said excitedly, "Today we duel!" 

"Yeah!" Joey shouted in excitement as Crystal trailed behind the group, admiring their friendship from a distance and kept the glowing eye on her forehead hidden under her hair.

"You made a grave mistake defying me, Crystal. You will face the consequences in this duel, as in, you will duel with Yugi in the end!"

What? I can't do that. If he loses, he loses his puzzle!

"That's the point! Then it will belong to me!" Marik's laughter made tears pool into Crystal's eyes as she looked on to her friends and saw Yami watching over Yugi, and his gaze met hers when she looked down at her feet quickly.

I... can.. win...