Chapter 9

It was Yugi's final duel, the winner would get his Millennium Puzzle, and he wasn't just about to go easy on the duelist named Madrik.

"Yugi." Kaiba said sternly as he walked over to him, "You got a minute?"

"Sure, what is it Kaiba?"

"The duelist you're going up against has called in for a replacement duelist to take his place."

"Oh?"

"And if my suspicions are correct then you're in for a surprise."

"Oh?"

"I don't remember her duelist name, but be prepared for anything."

"Right." Yugi watched as Kaiba glared up at the dueling arena that was shouded in darkness, and headed on back to his seats with Mokuba.

I wonder who we're dueling, And I hope Crystal has made it back, I really would love to hear her cheer for me.

Where did she say she was going?

To go meet up with an old friend.

Ah, she should be back, she wouldn't let you down like that.

I know.

"Duelists! Please step upon the podiums for us elevate you up above the field." Yugi let Yami take over as they walked up to the podium and stood on it, before long it elevated up to the perfect angle. The lights came on above Yami, but the duelist remained in the shadows and that made everyone feel uneasy.

"If this really is Yugi's monster, then she's got all the knowledge of his deck. Which means she'll have the upper hand."

"Does that mean she's basically cheating?"

"Not exactly. Just clever tactics." Kaiba and Mokuba watched as the lights came on slowly, showing a girl who was in a silver grey dress. Several black belts wrapped around her waist and she had long sleeve black gloves on. But what stood out the most was her blue hair up in a bun, leaving her silver strands loose to hang over her face and not forgetting about her piercing eye color.

"Crystal!" Yami shouted in shock and fear, this would mean she would have the upper hand the whole duel.

"Let's duel Yugi. You know what the prize is." Crystal looked down at his Puzzle and licked her lips, "Soon that power will belong to me!"

No... Crystal... I can't duel her.

"Crystal..." Joey muttered from the crowd, he looked on to his friend who was hesitant to accept the challenge.

"Duel!" They both shouted at once.

"Ladies first." Yami said, his mind being cluttered with thoughts and fears.

"I place 4 cards face down, and one monster in defense mode. Take your move."

She must have a well devised trap set up for us. But she has mostly weak monsters so I don't know what she could possibly do.

"Alright. I draw!" Yami pulled a card, it was his Winged Dragon, "I place down my winged Dragon in attack position! Then I attack your face down card!" The card went away peacefully and Crystal hadn't activated any of her face down cards, "I... End my turn?"

"Surprised? My face down cards will come into play in the next few turns." Crystal pulled another card, "Now I place one more card face down and place Feral Imp in Defense position. Ending my turn."

"Crystal... I don't know what kind of game you're trying to pull but it won't work on me!" Yami pulled another card, a trap card Mirror Force, and placed it face down, "I place down 1 card face down and I place Big Shield Gardna in Defense position.