Chapter 35

Why should you be ashamed of your tastes?

'Yes,' you say boldy. 'I have just quoted Def Leppard. I believe they've made a seminal contribution to late twentieth century rock music. Also, they just plain-out rule.'

There is a moment of silence. It stretches out, spinning into the ether. Like a tea cup breaking in slow motion.

Finally, Will clears his throat. 'Actually I like Def Leppard too.'

Hannibal seems to come to a decision. He nods. 

'Yes,' he said. 'It is important to declare one's dark predilections. In love, there must be no secrets. Only full and total acceptance, and surrender. Isn't this true, Will?'

Will and Hannibal stare at each other. There is another moment like a slow motion breaking tea cup.

'Yes,' says Will at last. 

Something seems to pass between them, some unspoken yet vital communication, and at the same moment, both of them enter you, Hannibal from the front, Will from the back. You cry out with the painful pleasure of it, with the joy of both of them embedded in your body. Together, without reserve or inhibition, the three of you move, connected, until ecstacy overcomes you all. First, you. Then, with a deep groan, Will.

And then, finally, Hannibal.

You collapse together, your limbs entwined. Hannibal licks a bead of sweat from your forehead. Will buries his face in the back of your neck. You hold each other close.

'I hope,' murmurs Hannibal, 'that this is just the beginning of the pleasures we can explore together.'

You feel Will flinch slightly behind you. You wish you could see his face. But instead, you can only see Hannibal's, which looks satisfied and somehow victorious.

THE END. Is it happy? You decide...