Acceptance Letter

This story is also on quotev

Hello, I'm (Y/N) Dumbledore. I'm a female pure-blooded witch. My father, Qrow, a Gryffindor, died protecting me and my mother from the dark lord's forces and my mother, Rose, a Slytherin, also died defending me from the dark lord's forces.

I may be a pure-blood witch, but I really couldn't care less about blood status. I know a lot about potions, magical spells, magical plants, and mythical creatures. Heck, I even have a mythical creature that I call a pet and my best friend. A baby Nightwing/Skywing dragon named Nightmare. I found her as an egg abandoned in the woods so I decided to take her in and raise her as my own. I also have an unnaturally large great horned owl, whom I named Sombra because of his pitch black to dark gray feathers.

Nightmare

Sombra

I have (long/medium/short) (h/c) hair, (pink/red) lips, (pale/dark/tanned) skin, and sparkling (e/c) eyes

I have (long/medium/short) (h/c) hair, (pink/red) lips, (pale/dark/tanned) skin, and sparkling (e/c) eyes. You might be wondering, 'Is she really related to the great and powerful Albus Dumbledore?' The answer is yes, yes I am, and my god-mother is Minerva McGonagall. After my parents died, my aunt and uncle on my dad's side in the U.S.A decided to take me in and raise me.

So here I am today, sitting here writing the story of my life in my ever so faithful journal when Nightmare comes up and nudges my elbow. I look at the time and see it's almost 9:00 in the morning.

"Why didn't you tell me what time it was?" I asked her.

'Well, you were so busy writing in your journal and listening to your music, I decided not to disturb you. You looked like you were in the zone.' She told me. Nightmare and Sombra just might be the only creatures on this planet that get me and my weirdness, well besides my best friends. I smile down at my winged friend, picked her up and headed downstairs.

As soon as I stepped into the kitchen, I'm greeted with a surprise 11th birthday breakfast. Oh yeah, did I mention today's my birthday? My Aunt Vulture and Uncle Yin had made all my favorite breakfast items, pancakes, waffles, fruit, juice, e.t.c.

"What's all this?" I ask them.

"Well it is your birthday today, and the day you get your acceptance letter into Hogwarts, so we decided to prepare a special breakfast for you." My aunt responded with a smile. I smile back, hugging them with a kiss and a thank you.

Suddenly, right in the middle of breakfast, Sombra comes flying in. The owl lands on the edge of the table and sticks out his talon revealing the envelope in it. He hopped up and down impatiently, waiting to be praised for bringing the small package to me. I grab the letter giggling and fed Sombra a few sausages before I start to tear it open.

Sure, I had seen grandfather write these dozens of times, but this time it was for me, and me alone.

Nightmare helped crack the red wax seal with her claws after she had finished her breakfast and started reading it with me.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms. Dumbledore,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

UNIFORM

First-year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)

2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear

3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.

COURSE BOOKS

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book Of Spells (Grade 1)

by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic

by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory

by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration

by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi

by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions

by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection

by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT

1 wand

1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set glass or crystal vials

1 telescope

1 set brass scales

Students may also bring if they desire, an owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS

ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK

Yours sincerely,

Lucinda Thomsonicle-Pocus

Chief Attendant of Witchcraft Provisions

My family and I were so excited. I WAS FINALLY GOING TO HOGWARTS! I'd be able to see grandfather and god-mother again after all this time.