Chapter 9

By Tuesday everyone had heard the news; Zoe Murphy commits suicide. Between Alana's helpful tweets and all the gossip going around, the whole state most likely knows.

As Jared stopping by Evan's locker to check on him, he made note of everyone in the hall. As much as he loved Evan, he still didn't want anyone knowing he was gay. (As if they couldn't tell) "So, Ev, how - er - are you okay?" Jared didn't know how to start the conversation. All he wanted to do was wrap the boy up in his arms and protect him from any and all evil.

"I'm okay," Evan sniffled. "I feel bad for the Murphy's. It can't be easy to lose both of their children within a year." Evan used to like Zoe too. When Connor was doing God knows what when Evan was over, she talked to him and hung out with him. He misses her.

Alana approached the group, "Guys, did you hear the news about @ zoemurphy?" Everyone nodded sadly. It was a real somber day at their highschool. "In times like these, we can all use a friend. Make sure to call me if you ever need anything. I'm always here." Alana said to the boys in barely a whisper. She moved on to the next group of Juniors.

"I really miss her Jare. She reminded me of Connor and now his memory is gone. Forever." Evan started to sob. Jared took Evan into his arms and held him. The bell rang, but they stayed like that in hall. Holding on to each other like the world was ending. For them, it felt like it already had.

*Time skip brought to you by me being depressed after rewatching PP3 and Benjamin Schiff Platt not being in it*

Evan eventually went to class and he saw him again. It just made this day even worse. He ran into the bathroom and started to cry. Why me. Why does his ghost haunt me. I miss him. As Evan thought about this, he didn't notice Alex stalking into the bathroom.

"Dude. You can't just keep running away after you see me." Alex told Evan. "Evan, right? I know everyone is hurting, especially today, but don't give them even more of a reason." Alex was trying to reason with the smaller boy who was still crying softly. "Evan, hey calm down. Is gonna be okay."

Evan started to speak. "How come you look so much like him. Same clothes. Same hair. S-s-same everything." Evan let out in a sobbed filled whisper.

Alex did what Jared would do for the scared boy in front of him. He wrapped Evan in a tight hug and put his arms all around him. Evan was too fazed by the sudden need for affection and love that he didn't notice Jared walking into the room. He also didn't notice how Alex leaned in to kiss him.

But Jared noticed how Evan kissed back.

/edited: 4-7-19

-Gabby