Chapter 8.5

TW: Mentions of suicide and death

*Zoe POV*
I still see Connor. His aura is in every room I walk into. I see him walking around school, or in his room smoking weed. I can still smell him. It's fucking messed me up. I can't focus, all of my grades are dropping. All for fucking Connor. If he knew how he'd ruin my life with his death, would he have still done it? Of course he would. It's Connor. We had that sibling relationship where we'd pretend to hate each other, but in reality we didn't mind the others presence.

"Zoe you're going to be late for school!" Cynthia called half-heartedly.

"I'm not going mom." I didn't have the heart to tell her it didn't matter. I was going to get held back anyways. Huh. Me. Held back. That's pretty funny considering that would've been Connor. I mean, I basically replaced Connor. The pothead dropout is dead, so a failing nobody replaced him.

I walked out of my room and into Connor's. Nothing changed since the last time he was in here. His nail polish, sitting on his desk or the homework he didn't care enough to do. I couldn't take it anymore. Slamming the door on the way out, I stalked back to my room.

I grabbed a piece of paper and did what Connor didn't. I'm sorry to those who cared. Not a lot obviously, but whatever. Connor fuck you and I'll see you on the other side. I'm done with this world and I'm done with pretending like I give a shit. -Zoe

I guess it's time now. I grab Connor's secret stash of pills that he left behind and get into my car. I drive to the place Connor and I would go as kids. When Cynthia and Larry argued, he took me here. To the orchard. I fold the note carefully into my pocket and walk calmly towards my destiny. See you in hell, asshole.

/edited: 4-7-19

-Gabby