Chapter 12

/oke don't be confused this is all about Alex/Connor. It will be explained.imastupidduck the video is for you, check any of the comments I left on your docs 😂/

*Connor POV*

My name is Connor Murphy. For a while, I didn't know that. All I knew was that I woke up with no memory in the middle of the woods. I had no ID on me or a phone. Nothing that can help me figure out who or where I was. Once I started walking, I found street signs that took me to a local hospital.

I was put through what felt like hundreds of tests before they told me. I was an amnesiac. Well they had some fancy word for it I'm sure but that's all I understood. I apparently overdosed on drugs and miraculously didn't die. But I fucked up my brain. They didn't know what I would remember or when I would remember it. They let me stay in the hospital for a bit. They started to call me Alex and they told me stories about other patients who've been here, maybe some that would've sparked my memory. Nothing. One day, a doctor mentions this kid Evan. I knew that name for some reason I just couldn't figure out how. It was like we were connected somehow. I googled my way to him and found his school. I called his school and registered under the name Alex Mass. Classes started in the early fall and I knew I would be there on the first day.

Before going to school, I actually had to find a home and somewhere to live for the time being. I figured a local homeless shelter would take me in, cause you know it's a shelter. And I was right!

On the first day of school I scanned each hall and corridor looking for Evan. I knew that name was a link to my past. Then I recognized him. It was him. Evan Hansen. The boy of my dreams, currently and in the past as well. I could feel it. As soon as he saw me, he quickly ran away, as if he saw a ghost.

After that, it just got worse. He would always walk in the opposite direction of me whenever I looked at him. I needed to figure out who I was.

I ended up walking around the neighborhoods in my town. This soon became a habit. Daily, I'd walk around, maybe if I could find a clue or something that would strike my memory.

One day, there he was. Evan Hansen. He walking in the opposite direction on the opposite side of the street. I quickly crossed over and I attempted to start a conversation with him. I knew he was mine, or at least used to be. There was something in his eyes that made me think he loved me the same way I did. I pretended like I didn't even know he was there. I needed him to start this. I needed to hear his voice.

"E-exuse me?" I turned around. Jackpot. I needed to pretend I didn't already know him. I needed this to be like a clean slate (it really was cause ya know amnesia is lit)

"Um, hi? Do I know you?" I needed to know. I needed to.

"Uh, yeah, um uh my name's E-evan and, we, you look like-" I cut him off.

"Connor Murphy, yes I've been getting that all day. Who even is he? Some guy that moved a while ago-" It was my turn to be cut off.

"He was my best friend. He died last year" Evan looked sad about that. I was going to suggest that maybe I was Connor. I needed to know who I was in this kids life. He's all I can remember.

"Oh. I had no clue, sorry bro. I never introduced myself. My names Alex. I'm new not sure if you could tell." I laughed a little. I needed to figure who I was and fast.

"I, um, got to go. My friend Jared is expecting me." Evan said in a hurried manner.

"Oh, okay bye! Maybe I'll see you around?" I needed to know more about Evan Hansen. I needed to know everything.

"Um, yeah, sure." With that he left in a hurry.

Between then and now a lot of things have happened. I googled Connor hundreds of times hoping to find even a sliver of information about him. I looked through yearbooks from his kindergarten class until senior year.

So far I'd figured out he had a sister named Zoe Murphy, a wealthy family and a bad reputation. (All from Mrs. G in the second grade? Damn son)

I was so close. And then it hit me. Connor was a drug addict. I was found and they said I overdosed. I think I'm Connor fucking Murphy.

/Okay so I'm ending it there. So hopefully this clears stuff up? I might do a small authors note paraphrasing what was in my mind so it's not in character terms dk if that makes sense. Let me know if y'all would like that. Okay so this would go right up to the shady chapter where shit went down. Okay imma sleep now. Gn hope you enjoyed!!/

-Gabby