Chapter 6

/Colton Ryan is amazing and he's a vry talented boy. you should listen^/

TW- mentions of suicide (subtle, but there) (basically this whole chapter is a sob story so you can skip if you ain't into that stuff and I'll post a summery on the next chapter)(or you can skip to the asterisks)

Evan stopped caring about what Jared thought of him. He decided that he should tell him about everything in his life. Everything.

"Jared, there's something I need to tell you." Evan said to Jared, who was still worried after Evan looked as if he was going to cry. Jared just nodded his head in affirmation.

"So a bunch of stuff happened last year. When you went off with the popular kids and your camp friends, I was really lonely. I don't know if you remember, but that was the year that Connor Murphy and his sister came to our school. After class one day, he asked if I wanted to hang out after school with him. As you know, I didn't really have any friends; just you and my overprotective mother. So I said yes." Evan's voice cracked when he said that. In his mind, he was going back go when everything happened, it was like he was going back in time. Evan could almost remember the smile on Connor's face when Evan said yes.

Jared cleared his throat which caused Evan to slip away from this memory."Sorry. Anyways, we just . . . clicked, I guess. Soon enough he was at my house every other day and we talked to each other constantly through emails. I told Connor everything." Jared was wondering what "everything" meant, but he stayed silent. "One day, we were supposed to meet at Starbucks, but he didn't show up. I had no clue where he was. I called his phone, his house, Zoe and no one knew anything. After that, no one knew of his where abouts for a week. He was declared 'missing'. In a town over, someone heard he got beat up and mugged in the forest where he was left for dead. I was heartbroken. I mean, Connor was gone. It fucking sucked. I went to that town to find the forest Connor died in. The worst part was, it was the orchard that he took me to. It was our orchard. That was when I couldn't take it anymore. My mother was working later hours and was barely home and you. You had completely ignored me by then. So I climbed one of the tallest trees . . ." Evan's voice wavered. He didn't know if he should tell Jared this. He wanted to, he really did, but he didn't want Jared to think any lesser of him than he possibly could've. But then Jared reached over and squeezed Evan's hand. Evan started again. " I climbed the tree and I let go. At the top. I wanted to die. And I almost did." Evan stopped there. He didn't want Jared to worry, but the voice in Evan's head was saying but why would he, it's just me? Evan started to sob quietly.

Jared knew he was supposed to intervene now. "Ev. The world would not be the same without you. I know I wouldn't. Please don't leave me. Ever." Jared was crying too now. Together, they were almost like a perfect mess. Jared mentally kicked himself. How did Evan nearly die and I had no idea about it?

*****

Jared continued. "Oh Evan, why? Why would you want to throw your life away? You have so much to live for? What about everyone that loves you? We couldn't let you go." Jared didn't notice his mistake. But Evan did.

"Love?" Evan whispered and looked into Jared's eyes. Evan was just a boy was hopelessly in love and heard the boy he loves say it back without even meaning to.

Jared took a minute to respond. Well here goes nothing. "Yeah. Love." And that's all he said. What a great way to tell a boy you love him.

Evan, for once in his life, did something bold, a word not often used to describe Evan Hansen. He reached towards Jared's face, cupped his cheek and kissed him. Only lightly. That was until Jared decided that he wasn't done with the kiss, so he continued it, not ever wanting to stop. As it turns out, this was going to be a good sleepover.

/okay ik you guys hate me, but wowwowowo whatta way for me to end the chapter. So I'm giving you guys a gift. It's my instagram! follow me if you want to, or stalk my page, whatever works. I'll also include my playbill acct (that's right, I'm cool) so that's neat if you wanna go buy some stuff or trade or whatever. Anyways have a great day!

main: gabby.falla

playbill: gabbys_playbills

/edited: 3-27-19

-Gabby