Chapter 46: It's Complicated

...

.

.

--Katherine's POV--

.

I can't compose my excitement and I nearly tip Harry over when I run in for a hug.

"I had to see for myself if you were alive. Thank God you are." He cups my cheeks and strokes them with each thumb.

I don't think he realizes that he has blood around his mouth and his fangs are out.

Actually that doesn't matter. What matters is that he is alive.

I was soo right!

"Never mind me. You woke up! I thought you were gone for good, but you woke up. How is that possible?" I feel so estatic.

I've missed his touch so much. This has to be a dream.

Harry stared into my eyes and I saw a tear threatening to fall from his green eyes.

"She missed my heart, when she stabbed me." He responded. "She loves me Kate, she purposely missed." He added.

I placed my hand on top of Harry's, which is resting on my right cheek.

"She did love you. But she is gone for good now Harry, so everyone is safe. Karelyn killed her. I've missed you so much." I said to him quietly, so Nicole and Luke don't think I'm talking to myself.

He slowly nodded and slightly smiled. You would think he would be happier.

"I've missed you so much more, you don't even understand."

Out of nowhere Harry pulls me in for a kiss. A forced kiss. I don't kiss back, because I'm shocked and Zayn of course.

I might be angry at Zayn, but I can't do this to him again.

Harry pulled back straight away when he realized I wasn't responding. His face started to fall and his expression showed so much hurt.

My heart aches, though it's un-beating.

"I'm sorry Harry, I cried for weeks when you weren't with me and couldn't contain myself from tears, but I'm still with Zayn."

He finds my hand and starts squeezing it.

"When I was out. You were my light. My dream. I could've stayed out, but I chose to come back for you. Only you Katherine." Harry truthfully tells me.

He continued to squeeze my hand harder, until it started to hurt.

"That's very, very sweet Harry. I love you so much and it would kill me if you ever died like that for me, even though you didn't.. Remember that." I replied and his eyes flash gold.

Gold is annoyance.

"Why can't you just love me back? I'm pouring my heart out Kate.."

Again he continued to squeeze my hand, except he was now squeezing both hands.

"I do Harry."

"You know what I mean Katherine. You don't love me like you love Zayn. You would choose Zayn over me anyday. And that fucking pisses me off!" He raises his voice.

I winced when I actually could feel a lot of pain in my hands. I would have to choose Zayn. So I couldn't lie.

"Harry you're hurting me allot. Stop please. I'm sorry... Why are you-" I apologized and when I was about to continue I was cut off.

The doorbell of the apartment started to ring.

Harry let my hands go straight away. He stepped back in horror.