Chapter Nine: One Vision

Start from the beginning

"Ah, Nimja," he said. "I wasn't expecting to see you here. How have you been?"

I smiled back. "Fine, thank you."

"Nimja--!"

I was suddenly tackled to the ground- not by OGiNiM, but rather by the Haunter of the group. Odd, because Haunter is just a ball of gas with almost no weight. He began licking me repeatedly, and I just giggled and rolled around on the floor.

The little pesker. :)

"What are you doing here?!" cried the Haunter with delight. "I wasn't expecting to see you here!"

"Haunter, it's been only a day since we've last seen him," said the Aegislash dryly, moving forward and pulling him away from me. I got back up and smiled to myself as the Haunter responded.

"But it feels like it's been forever-!"

A giggle.

"It's fine," I said. "The fact that he's this excited to see me again is good enough."

The Aegislash smiled.

"Anyways..." he asked. "Why are you here? I certainly hope you've noticed that we're a lot more willing to talk to others ever since you discovered our secret."

I smirked.

"Yes, I have noticed. As for why we're here... I'd like to ask you something. Something fairly important."

"Oh? What's wrong, Nimja? Is it about your immortality?"

I shook my head. "No, it's not about that."

"He keeps having these strange visions of HyPN0se," HyDrO suddenly broke in. Apparently, she had been eagerly waiting for a chance to speak. Upon hearing HyDrO's voice, the Aegislash looked up at her.

"HyDrO," said the Aegislash, bowing. "Delighted to see you again. How are you enjoying your gift?"

HyDrO smiled.

"It's pretty great," she said. "Thanks. I've read the entire book through 27 times already."

"Have you?! Well, that right there is a very dedicated reader. I'm happy you like it." Suddenly noticing OGiNiM coming forward and waving his vine at him, he nodded.

"Ah, and it's great to see you too, OGiNiM," the Aegislash said.

"Hallo, zwaard~!" cried OGiNiM happily. "Hallo, giant tree! Hallo, ghost thingy!"

The Haunter waved at him.

"Hallo, OGiNiM! Hoe gaat het met je?"

OGiNiM smiled.

"I'm good, thanks! I'm so happy to see you guys again!"

"As are we," the Aegislash said, smiling. "Now, about this HyPN0se... who is he? Obviously he must work in hypnosis, since after all, his name means  'hypnosis'..."

"Well... funny story," said OGiNiM sheepishly. "You see, he doesn't exactly believe in hypnosis' existence."

"So... he doesn't think hypnosis is real?"

I nodded. "And it's not even that; he thinks all hypnotists are frauds who do nothing more than, and I quote, 'sweet-talk people through a spiral.'"

"FRAUDS?!" cried the Haunter, horrified. "Well, that's an odd thing to believe."

"Doesn't hypnosis have scientific basis?" mused the Aegislash. "I seem to recall you saying that in one of your videos..."

"It does indeed," I said.