56\\Payments

Harry

I spent quite a long time at Zayn's, talking over a few things regarding the club and his love life. He doesn't have anyone special he's crushing on like a school boy, but he seriously needs to put himself out there more. But his excuse is, he's "not ready" and "he doesn't have time for that," which is odd because he's always complaining about how lonely he is. He's not the type to settle down for one woman in his life; he likes to have choice.

I would've probably been the same if I had been through what he has in his lifetime.

The New York traffic was pretty slow and the weather was pretty disgusting, the rain pelting my windscreen on my car. It reminded me of the night that I got shot, the weather hadn't been the nicest, but because I was thinking about that night; my mind decided to remind me that I needed to stop the money I'm receiving from Leon, Phoebe's father. I needed to stop his payments, I don't want to date Phoebe for the money, and it wasn't about that at all.

It was never about the money.

Ever since I laid eyes on Phoebe, I knew; deep down, there was something special about her. I didn't want to stop pursuing her, in fear that I would lose her forever, without figuring out why I was taking a shine to her. The morning she spilled her latte on my leather jacket; I couldn't get her out of my head. Every time I thought about coffee, she was there.

She's my drug and I'm getting addicted, pretty quickly.

I pulled over, parking in a park that I had found before grabbing my phone out from my pocket. I was scrolling through my contacts, in hopes of finding Leon's number, which was short lived when I found it. I pressed the number, putting my phone against my ear. It rang a few times; before someone answered. "Good afternoon. Ms. Kennedy speaking, how can I be of assistance?"

"Hello, Ms. Kennedy, is Leon in his office by any chance?"

I heard a few phone's ringing in the background before I heard her clear her throat. "Leon is in his office, can I ask who's calling?"

"Styles. Harry Styles," I told her as I hope I can get to him before the day ends. I really wanted to end this once and for all. I don't want Phoebe finding out that he was paying me; even though I didn't want the money in the first place – I feel like she'll think I did when I declined it so many times. "I need to speak to Leon, urgently."

"Hold one moment," I heard her say before I got put on hold. My fingers found my lip as I used two fingers to pinch my bottom lip. All I wanted to do was talk to him, tell him to stop the payments. I feel too much for his daughter to continue the payments. I'm an idiot and didn't stop them sooner, as soon as I started to have feelings for Phoebe. "Thank you for holding. He said you can come now and I'll let you through."

I let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you, Ms. Kennedy. I'll see you shortly."

"See you shortly, Mr. Styles."

I hung up from Leon's receptionist, putting my phone on the passenger seat before letting a sigh out of my mouth. I started to get a few butterflies in my stomach, I was nervous, to say the least. I didn't know how this was going to turn out; I just want to stop the payments once and for all. I pulled away from the curb after giving myself a few minutes to get ready for the conversation we were going to have.

I arrived and parked outside, grabbing my phone and wallet before getting out of my car, locking it behind me. It wasn't so busy at his work since it was getting later in the day; more people leaving than arriving. I walked up to the desk that greets you when you walk inside. "Good afternoon, sir. Do you have an appointment?"