15\\Party Scene

Phoebe

4 YEARS AGO

Phoebe had been doing very well at high-school, getting A's in every single class. Leon was very proud of his daughter and Eden would've been too. It was the day of graduation and Phoebe was nervous. She knew she was going to graduate but it was the fear of what to do afterwards. Sure, Leon had offered her a job at his work but did Phoebe really want to be known as her father's-daughter for the rest of her life?

Brooke had told her that she will be attending, smiling and cheering her on in the crowd. It helped Phoebe a little bit but she was still very nervous as to what was going to happen. Phoebe isn't one to be amazing on the stage and if she wins any awards needing a speech, she knows that she might choke up.

"C'mon Phoebe," she said to herself in the mirror. "You can do this, you can totally conquer this, stop trying to put yourself down. You're okay," Phoebe was taking deep breaths while getting ready. She had her gown and hat, to which made her smile. She took one more look at herself before walking out of her room, meeting with Leon and Brooke in the living room, their smiles lighting up the room.

"Are you ready to graduate, honey?" Leon asked to which Brooke smiled again, going over to give Phoebe a hug. She was grateful that Brooke was there for her when no one else would be. And what sucks the most is that Brooke's been more of a best friend than Kaitlin has and that makes Phoebe feel like crap.

"Yes, I'm ready to graduate. Let's get this over with."

Everyone's names were getting called, one by one as they read out what they had achieved overall. Phoebe was nervously waiting in the crowd of people, sitting next to one of the boys in her Chemistry class who always sneezes when he's nervous and on the other side is a boy in her English class, who seems to be only focused on his hair. Phoebe kept to herself until her name was called.

"Phoebe Nova Evans, A+ in every class and is to be awarded the perfect grade certificate and has also won a receptionist scholarship-all paid college fees and stationary for Evergreen College. Congratulations!"

As everyone clapped and cheered, Phoebe got up and accepted her scroll, smiling at Leon and Brooke who were cheering for her. She waved to everyone while they continued to clap. She got off the stage and was greeted by Brooke and Leon, tightly hugging her in an embrace. "You did it, Pheebs. You graduated!"

"I know, Brooke, I know! I did it!" Phoebe said as Brooke gave her a kiss on her forehead. Leon continued to hug her even after Brooke stopped but as Leon let go of her, Brooke started up hugging her again. "And you want to know the best part of it all?"

Brooke and Leon shook their heads, waiting for her reply but Phoebe thought somewhere in their hearts, they knew what she was going to say.

"I did it for mum."

PRESENT

Brooke and I finally made it to my apartment with my bags in tow. I paid for any money that was outstanding from the hotel room before I made it home. I turned the lights on-since it was nearing five in the evening as we walked inside, my door being closed. Brooke smiled at me before going into my bedroom to get some stuff out from her make-up pack that we had to stop and get.

She sat me down on a chair, almost like the time she helped me get ready for the charity ball. She had a whole new outlook as to what I was going to look like for the party. At the mall, I had splurged on a new dress to wear to this party. It was a strapless dress that was very fitting and tight. It showed all of my curves and my hips were on show as well. I loved how it showed everything, I didn't have a care in the world as to what people thought of me.