❃Man From The Past❃

My Obsessed Vampire Husband

C H A P T E R F I V E

Man From The Past

The cold air is better here than it is down in the ocean. The air is fresh and amazing. I close my eyes and just keep taking breaths from this fresh air. The breeze is freezing, I do not care about that. I'm just glad to be here on land. Never did I realize how much I actually missed the land. The smell of grass, the busy streets, and the noise. Well, not the last one. But I missed people in general.

I haven't seen a single soul in months and now in just few hours the streets will be full of angry cars and people walking along the streets minding their own business. I open my eyes and I realize I have no where to go. I'm terrified to go back to Jason, and I don't really want to do that. I need more time. I'm proud of myself, I have taken one step forward by coming here on land. When I was living in the ocean I took one step forward and two backwards, not anymore. Now I am here.

"Emma" A soft familiar voice says beside me. Turning my head I see Roman standing there. The look on his face tells me that he knew I would be here. I don't really pay mind to that, since he always seems to surprise me, one way or another. "What are you doing here?" I ask him, it has been a long time since I heard my own voice. I barely talked to the fishes, and I didn't speak to myself like a crazy person. But, I can tell you that it feels nice to finally be speaking to a real human being.

"I've come to take you to your new home. Obviously we can't have you, young angel sleeping on the streets" he tells me like it is the obvious thing in the world. I smile at him, at least I get a place to sleep tonight. Never have I slept outside on the streets and I don't intend to. "Follow me" he says and turns around, where he walks. I do as he told me and follow him to this house I'm supposed to be in. I don't know if I'm staying in his house or what, if so then I do hope he doesn't mind that I'm staying.

We walk among the beach and I'm not really looking where I am, I'm watching the waves of the ocean. It's been a long time since I've actually seen the waves and I love them. Not that I don't love the ocean because I do, but seeing the waves makes me feel like I missed a lot. I know the time didn't stop for me, the time I was in the ocean. Occasionally the waves hit my toes and the feeling of the ocean washes over me and happiness fills my body.

I know I belong on land, I've come to that realization. But the ocean will always have a place for me to be when I need to. And if I want I can just visit, the ocean is like my second home. Roman stops in his tracks and when I do look ahead there is a house standing in front of us. The house is standing by the ocean and it has a dock that leads to the water. The ocean is so beautiful. It's two stories and it is isolated from the rest of the beach, I think this is a private spot of the beach.

"Young angel, this is where I leave you. Feel free to look around and make yourself comfortable in your new home" Roman says and hands me two sets of keys. "Thank you" I mutter, but I know he heard me. My eyes just can't stop staring at this house, I can not believe that I will be staying here and living here. Roman disappears somewhere, one day I will find out how he does this. But for now I need to look inside this gorgeous house. I walk over to the door and there is a note stuck to it. I pick it up and read it.

'My dearest Emma,

I give this house to you as a gift. The property is in your name, you never have to pay rent. I do that for you. Make as many chances as you like, this is your and no one else's, only you and those you want can enter this house. Take good care of it and take care of yourself. Also, inside is a little surprise. I figured you'd never want to have a home without him.