Other than towers acting as lightning rods and large roofed-structures to provide respite from the weather or just a rest for travelers, there wasn't much to see in the craggy and bleak landscape. They never stopped though—the Sun, Moon, and Elementals maintained a brisk pace—not extraneous enough to exhaust them, but showcased their eagerness to get out of the Plains.

Pica wasn't sure how long they had walked when the desolate, rocky landscape smoothened out. Ahead looked like a tree line, but if they were in fact trees, they weren't any like those she had ever seen. They still maintained a greenish hue, but mostly were a blueish-silver color, appearing to be glowing and shining like a new piece of sheet metal. The sky above the trees wasn't angrily churning either—no cloud marred the night sky.

"Those trees are of the Crystal Forest, marking the boundaries of Caelestis," Tegen said.

Pica hugged Aeris. "We're almost out, Aeris; just a little bit further."

She didn't really respond, just nodded as she continued to watch the sky.

Pica wanted to inquire about the strange looking trees but saved it for later, after they were all relaxed again.

It took them about twenty more minutes to reach the Crystal Forest. Once they did, though, Aeris gasped as something looked to hit her all of a sudden: she didn't reel back; she instead quickly stepped forward, then looked back.

"What is it?" Pica asked.

"The air... it's clear again; it's not thick with electricity anymore."

Aeris turned to Zelenia; she smiled. "We're safe now in my homeland. Come, Chrystaline mustn't be far."

The blonde woman looked back at the Storming Plains as if to reassure herself she was out of reach of a stray lightning bolt before turning to follow Zelenia.

The trees were stranger than Pica had thought. The bark of each and every tree was silver, and the leaves were a mixture of green and blue, but all shimmered under a light layer of frost. It looked like the trees had been crystalized; even the bushes and the ground beneath their feet had the same appearance of smooth ice. She had never seen something as beautiful and serene as the Crystal Forest.

Pica looked everywhere as they walked deeper into this strange forest. She watched a color-changing butterfly flitter to a blue flower. "Tegen, what's with the trees?"

"We are in the main land of the moon; the moon remains in the sky, there is no sun. The foliage in Caelestis has been crystalized to thrive in a land without sunlight. Most of the flora blooms at night and the fauna is nocturnal."

"So, what will happen when the sun returns? Will everything unfreeze?"

"I suppose so," he answered.

The Crystal Forest wouldn't be as mystical or pretty then, but it would be better at releasing the frozen quality over everything, looking like the foliage waited for that day. If the peoples of Ethea weren't enough reason for defeating Fangril, the world itself needed to be freed.

They traveled through the Crystal Forest for thirty minutes, but Pica could've gotten lost in it and been perfectly happy. A constant breeze flowed through the branches; the crystalized leaves glittered beautifully as some rode the invisible currents. Everything was so magical and peaceful. Geryon was the only one not with his face turned skyward and ogling the strange landscape. Pica had to remember that this probably wasn't his first time seeing the forest.

Once their winding path led to an opening in the forest, they passed into another world again. Chrystaline sat on a cliff overlooking the sea. Surrounded on three sides by the Crystal Forest, all the village's buildings faced the cliff overlooking the dark beach and sea. Just kissing the water's horizon, the largest and brightest moon Pica had ever seen lit up the night sky sparkling with gazillions of stars. It was so big and magnificent—it took up half of the sky and each crater, line, and dark spot on it was visible without magnification. The crystalized walls of the buildings glistened with moonlight. The picture was jaw-dropping.