Do You Remember? (Part 3)

Start from the beginning

Was it true...? Was she really a monster...?

.

.

.

After the incident, (y/n) was taken into custody and temporarily placed into a cell in a juvenile prison. Quietly, she sat in the corner with her knees hugged to her chest. Memories of the event ran feverishly through her mind. 'No! Leave me alone! Y-you....you... MONSTER!' May's words constantly echoed through her conscience, causing a flurry of emotions to stir within her.

Being so deep in thought, (y/n) didn't acknowledge the dark presence that entered the room. "I thought I might find you here." The (h/c) haired girl looked up to so see her 'father' standing before her. Normally, she would be excited to see him, but not today.

Sensing the storm of emotions that was bubbling within his 'daughter', Pitch grew concerned. "What seems to be troubling you, daughter?" He asked, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. (Y/n) looked up at him, with (e/c) tear-filled eyes. "Am I...a monster, Father?" Pitch's yellow eyes widened in slight surprise. "Why would you think that?" He asked. Instead of responding, she lowered her gaze to the floor. "Is it about what happened at the foster home?" Her messy (h/c) hair swayed as she solemnly nodded her head.

"It all happened so fast...I didn't mean to do it....." She explained as the tears began to stream down her face. "....I..*sniff*.....I just wanted to protect my friend...but.....*sniff* ....now she thinks I'm a monster....I'm scared, Father......" Pitch raised an eyebrow at her. "Why is that, Daughter?" (Y/n) wiped away her tears. "I know what I did was wrong but......why it doesn't feel wrong?" She asked, contemplating everything.

(Y/n) snapped out if her stupor once she felt herself being picked up from the floor. "There is no need to be afraid. Don't let the fear control you. Instead, you learn to control it. Do you understand, (y/n)?" Said girl nodded her head in understanding. "Yes...I do." Pitch smiled before giving her an embrace. "Everything will be alright. I promise no harm shall come to you as long as I'm here, my daughter."

.

.

.

As years passed, Pitch raised (y/n) to be similar to his own image. Over time, nearly everything from her golden childhood had faded from her memories, including the memory of her winter spirit companion she once knew and cared for.

The once sweet and precious (y/n) had transformed into a person of darkness and turmoil. Frequently, she was moved between different foster homes and schools due to her devious behavior. Eventually, everyone who encountered (y/n) viewed her as a cold-hearted and cruel human being. All except one, that is.

.

.

.

"What's your name, miss?"

"(Y/n) (L/n)."

"My name is Danny Thomas." He said, with a big friendly grin. "Alright, Danny," (Y/n) started while crossing her arms. "Why is a six-year-old boy like you stealing money from gangs so late at night?" The boy hung his head low in shame. "I took it because... I really wanted to buy a present for my mommy and daddy."

The (h/c) haired girl placed a hand on his shoulder, causing him to look up at her with his big green eyes. "You don't have to get anything for parents to prove how grateful you are. I'm sure seeing your cute little smiling face every day is enough to make them happy." Danny's eyes grew wide as a big smile spread on his face. "You're right, (y/n)! Thank you." He said happily throwing his arms around her. Taken aback by the sudden show of affection, she hesitantly hugged him back.