Bonus Chapter 2 - A new sidekick

Drake's POV

I didn't want to do it. Honestly, I would've preferred to stay at home and watch chick flicks than to go and put on spandex.

"Drake, if you do this, you will be taking Della down once and for all." Owen convinced me to put on the persona of Perception. Yes, I have powers. Yes, I want revenge. But this is too far. I'd be satisfied with throwing a water balloon at her from the rooftop of my apartment building.

Besides, I was the one to blame for blackmailing her, and almost revealing her identity way back in high school. Was there really any reason for me to be seeking revenge on her, just because she broke my heart?

"Drake, what did I just say?" Owen taps his foot from across the room. He's already suited up for today's mission. 

I shrug, "Probably something about taking over the world."

He closes his eyes and lets out a frustrated sigh. I'm not wrong. "You're hopeless."

"Actually," I smirk as I point a finger towards him, "I'm your only hope."

"You don't even listen to my plans!" He throws his hands up in the air.

I wave him off as I grab the suit, "I think I got the gist of it. You kidnap Jonas, I swoop in and save Della as Perception, Della thinks Perception is Jonas. She gets angry, she wears out her powers. I'm not an imbecile."

Owen rolls his eyes, "That's debatable."

I cross my arms over my chest, "If you want me to do this job, I would hope you'd be a little nicer to me. Plus, I am the closest thing you have to a friend."

He snarls, "Friend?"

I throw a cunning smile towards him, "Oh, don't make me sing the Spongebob friend song." I clear my throat, pretending as if I'm about to sing at the top of my lungs.

"Stop!" He holds up his hand, "I can't bear to listen to cats clawing a chalkboard today." Did this jerk just insult my singing abilities?

"Did you not get your seven hours of beauty sleep?" I look at him in amusement. He storms out of my apartment without another word.

I'll take that as a yes.

***

It was quite easy to find Della, surprisingly. She was out wandering the sidewalks of the town without either of her super suits on. My task of making sure she thinks I'm Jonas is going to be even easier now that she's unmasked. Only a handful of people know who she is under the mask.

Owen kidnapped Jonas yesterday. We have a 'short amount of time to act'. I don't know exactly what that means but I don't question his reasoning. He's more involved in this scheme than I am. I'm just his puppet.

And I hate it.

You'd be correct in assuming he has blackmail on me. I may have a slight evil streak in me, but I would never go full villain because, well, think of the time commitment. I have more important things to do. Like, not take over Kingsville and later, the world. I mean there's got to be a good Netflix show to watch instead.

The blackmail isn't necessarily releasing any embarrassing photos or claiming to hurt someone I love.  Neither of those extremes would make me want to help Owen, just destroy him. Although, he does have some pretty embarrassing videos of me attempting to sing along to the radio after I got my wisdom teeth out. I wouldn't really care if that got out, it would probably go viral overnight. Ellen Degeneres here I come.

What was I saying? Oh yeah, blackmail. The real reason I have to help Owen. You see, Mason and I were always pretty close. Not best friends, but we were on the football team together and hung out at parties. He didn't like to have people over, though, because he was pretty reclusive. Nonetheless, we considered each other friends, and I was even friends with Della as well. That is, until I watched her disappear into thin air.