Chapter 24 -- Don't you dare sneeze

This chapter is dedicated to Avicii
RIP ❤

~~~

It's like the day that would never end.

A green tornado? Are you kidding me, universe? This better just be my eyes playing tricks on me. Can I blame my concussion on this?

As I approach main street, I see other people running around, screaming for their lives.

Okay, so it's not in my head. Great. Just. Great.

I look down the street to see if I can find a source of the green tornado. This is biazzare. As I continue down the street, people shove me out of the way. I quickly place my current mask into my bag and pull out my Orage mask. This has villain written all over it. I don't want to be targeted as a hero.

Perception comes running up to me, sweating and out of breath. He bends over, panting. "It's... human!" He grips onto my shoulder and falls to the ground.

Really? Did he just collapse at my feet? I shake his shoulders and pull him up.

"You said it's human, what does that mean?" I look into Perception's mocha brown eyes. He looks down the street at the tornado barreling towards us.

"There's a boy controlling the tornado. He's in the center of it."

"Okay," I release Perception and continue moving forward with or without him. I put one foot in front of the other, hoping to convey invincible posture, but I probably just look drunk.

This is going to be nearly impossible to stop.

Perception trails along by my side. "Do you know how to stop a tornado?" He asks incredulously.

I continue walking. "That would be a no."

To my surprise, he doesn't stop in his tracks or run in the other direction. He keeps up with my pace. "So we're going in without a plan?" I nod my head curtly.

Perception looks straight ahead. "Bring it on."

With every step I take closer to the tornado, the closer it inches towards us. We're going to be swept up and spit out like debris before we can even come up with a plan. Not only do I not know how to stop a tornado, but I really don't know how to stop a human made tornado.

"How did you recognize me?" I ask Perception. Maybe it was just a coincidence that he came running up to me, or maybe he knew my super identity. My mind starts to race with the possibilities of who's under that mask.

He shrugs, "Not too many people have white hair."

I mentally sigh. I should just get Della Abram tattooed on my forehead.

"Watch out!" Perception grabs my arm as a bright red convertible comes barreling towards our heads. My eyes grow wide as I run us in the opposite direction. Perception and I catch our breath as we lean against a brick wall. The car crashes into the place on the sidewalk we were just on. We look at each other with evident terror filling our eyes.

"I remember reading somewhere that a tornado forms when warm, moist air and cold, dry air meet and create instability." Perception offers this information, his panting interrupting every other word.

I roll my eyes, "I may have fallen asleep in science every day but I think I know how tornadoes form."

He huffs, "I also learned they are able to die off when they move over colder ground or when the storm clouds break up."

Ah, now that's the information I want to hear. I can do that, I have that capability. Except, I can only control the weather when my emotions are out of control. A little ice shooting out of my hand to freeze a security camera is no big deal, but this is much greater than that.