Eclectic Love - Chapter Twenty Seven

AN - Oh my god how can it only be only one week into school and already have so much work to do :'( So sad lol. Here's the next chapter!!

------

Reminder:

Precipice ~ Hinata: 13/14, Kakashi: 23

In Between ~ Hinata: 17/18, Kakashi: 27

Eclectic Love ~ Hinata: 18, Kakashi: 28

------

Eclectic Love - Chapter Twenty-Seven

Hinata sat cross legged on a wooden bench in the bathhouse. With the bathhouse closed early for the night she looked through a scroll containing a summary of Fūinjutsu known to Konoha in privacy.

A dark and light wood pieced together to fix once gapping hole in the wall. With the day falling to evening a cool breeze circulated through the thin open window that was supposed to be high enough to prevent peering eyes.

"What if I modified the absorption seal? It works on nature energy," Hinata supplied, her eyes finally lifting. Her eyes gleamed in amusement as she watched the legendary Sanin scrub the floor on his hands and knees.

Jiraiya sat back on his feet and crossed his arms in thought. "It would affect his chakra too."

Hinata's brows furrowed in thought. "Is there a way I can make it recognize what chakra to attack? Additional seals of activation for each type," her eyes hazed over as she visualized the idea in her mind. "Then he could choose when to utilize each."

"That might work. We could place the absorption seal on him now and modify it later. It'll take time to work out all the kinks," Jiraiya reminded.

Hinata nodded, 'Then we can integrate Jugo into village life sooner.' On that idea she side tracked, "Have you talked to Naruto-san?"

Jiraiya plopped backwards to lean against the wall. "No. I saw him bickering with this red head. I did not want to step in between that," he shivered.

Hinata's lips lifted in a knowing smile. "Uzumaki Karin," she supplied.

Jiraiya's brows shot up. "Uzumaki, eh?" His eyes sharpened as the foresight of a Sanin pushed through, "Are you giving the bastards in the council a run for their money or this just a happy accident?"

Hinata's eyes had returned to her scroll, "I am simply providing opportunity for something advantageous for the village to occur." She glanced up from behind her bangs to meet Jiraiya's critical eye, "I will not interfere anymore than I already have."

Jiraiya sighed as he rested his arm overtop of his bent knee. 'We get what we breed,' he thought to himself. It was no surprise to him that Hinata took so well to the politics surrounding the success of a Great Village. She breathed its caustic air everyday since birth.

"What else have I missed?" Jiraiya asked. With his long missions away from the village it was hard to remain informed on the more nuanced changes.

"Sasuke-san and Kashi left the village this morning for Kiri. They're returning a Kiri rogue."

"Kashi?" Jiraiya's eyebrows flew back up as he chose to focus on the more important part of Hinata's update.

Hinata's cheeks tinged pink as her eyes dipped to the side. She cleared her throat, "Yes. They're-"

"We'll get back to that," Jiraiya waved her off. He grinned as his eyes lit up, "Is there anything I should know?"

"Wha-"