Chapter 26 BOOK TWO

Chapter 26 – Taxi drivers are irrelevant.

           As I walk out of the house I realize that I was finally free. There was no more of Aiden, his army and the Elite. Their lies consumed the majority of my time and it was time to get pass everything. It was hard to say, but in reality I got over Caleb. Some part of me longed to keep him as a guy that I will always love so I could say I had my chance at a love story, but in reality it was not one to begin with. I was tired of people using me and revenge seemed to be such a waste of time. After trying to plot a plan against Alec I realized how useless it was. In the end, those who had sinned would compensate that for the rest of their lives; forever and always. I wanted to leave this town and have a fresh start. I wanted to cut all ties with my family and others. In a way I was continuously held down by protecting others and doing things selflessly. I wanted to quit that and start doing what I wanted to do. I want to go to the mall and buy whatever I want, have an average job to and curse my boss every chance I got. But I’m beginning to realize that with the people I have surrounding me I won’t get that chance. Decorus and I might have some sexual tension or attraction, but it was temporary. He would find someone else and I would be fine on my own like I always was. Things would be the way it should be.

I catch a taxi driving down the street and find relief in my choices. I’ve already changed the choices I’ve made. I would’ve definitely stolen a car of my choice and used it as my own. If I wanted a new life I was going to have to start making the right choices now.

“Where to, miss?” The driver asks me.

“Just drive towards the gang building near the alleyway.” He was a human so he was probably familiar with the Elite as being a brutal organization that he strived to stay away from.

“You sure you want to go there. They have a reputation for being ruthless to pedestrians that go on their pathway.” He tries to explain.

That was a false claim. Many of the rumors were spread to keep fear within the human population. Fear spreads like wildfire and now no human dared to walk on training grounds. I nod my head and he grumbles under his breath. He grudgingly starts to drive towards the Elite training grounds. I guide him towards my house from there and he eases as he realizes I’m not going there directly.

“I have no money on me so I’ll run upstairs.” I state as I leave.

“Are you kidding me?” He shouts in complete bewilderment.

“Nope, if you want your money wait here. You’ll see me walk in and I’ll leave the door wide open. If you still aren’t putting your trust in me take your keys and leave the car. Lock your car and follow me inside. I’ll be upstairs grabbing my wallet. Now if you’ll excuse me.” I try to reason with him.

“You better not just run. I’ll call the cops. Am I clear?” He threatens. I roll my eyes hating this man by the second.

“Crystal.” I spit out as I leave the car. I walk towards my doorstep and open the door as wide as I could. I run upstairs and find my wallet in my underwear drawer. No one really suspected that drawer so I kept credit cards and money in there. I take out a fifty and run back downstairs. He’s standing outside of his car ready to call the cops on me just in case. I roll my eyes and shove the fifty in his hands.

“Keep the change.” I state. I turn around and hear him drive off. This was very close to the Elite so I could see why he drove away so fast. I walk back inside and walk towards my room. I was going have to start packing everything I needed. I grab two suitcases and start with my syringes and weapons. I had a private jet I bought with my parents’ money. I relied on their money more heavily than I would like. I was about to leave when I remembered the ancient book I had found when I was eight. I was originally attracted to the book itself because it had gold accents in the interior as well as the exterior.