Chapter 14 - It's just small things.

Dedication : EternallyNatali - Thank you so much for all the votes

Chapter 14 – It's just the small things.

             I sit on my bed after a thirty minute shower. The knots in my shoulders and the stress seemed to wash away and I felt at ease. I stare down at my ankle and see no bruise present anymore. The night of Caleb’s death, the area near my ankle began to turn into a gigantic bruise. It was incredibly painful and it was only starting to fade away. I pull up my wet hair into a bun and walk inside my closet, all the way to the back. Feeling the knob and walking inside, makes me feel safe once again. I walk towards a hidden safe under the floorboards and take out one of the syringes. The yellowish tint the liquid had was a sign of how strong it was. I wasn’t killing my wolf, this was. It numbed the wolf side in every single way; there were no more sparks between my mates and it made it impossible to converse with her. I would still be able to shift when I needed to, but our emotional connection would be lost. I slowly inject the needle right at the nook of my neck and grit my teeth at the pain. The liquid goes into my body and forms a burning feeling within my chest, the numbing start to spread and I smile. I needed to repeat this nearly every week to make sure my emotions didn’t get in the way of what I wanted to do. I shove the needle away and start getting ready. I grab my three knives and make my way to the Elite.

            As I walk past the dark alley way I notice a man staring at me every couple of seconds. I realize that he was the stalker that Aiden put on me. I make my way into the alley and hide behind a dumpster. I hear him curse under his breath and run towards my direction. I take out one of the knives and wait until I see his foot and stab it in. He grunts and falls to the floor face first. He opens his mouth getting ready to shout. His yell would attract attention and surely wouldn’t be in my best interest. I rip off a part of my shirt and stuff it into his mouth. I keep a hand right on his mouth making sure he doesn’t spit it out. I straddle him and look straight into his eyes. I reach back and pull out the knife and his screams are immediately muffled.

“You make one move to scream or grab attention and I will kill you in the most torturous way possible.” I press the knife to his throat and he nods in understanding.

“Get up; we are going to go somewhere private to talk.” I help him up and put his arm around me. This position allows me to conceal the knife I kept near his abdomen just in case he got creative with his attempt to escape. I pat him down including his pockets, cameras, phone and other devices. I check a second time around for any weapons that I might have missed. He follows me until we reach Elite grounds and keeps quiet. I walk inside and shove him into a closet and lock the door. I then push a chair against the knob and smirk at my handy work. I walk around the corner and find Immitis talking to the other leaders.

I fall down to one knee to take out one of the knives I safe kept on the waist band of my black jeans. I aim straight for his arm and whip it across the room. I hear the knife silently cut through the air right onto his shoulder. He immediately grunts and glares towards my direction. Before he could say anything I aim the other two at the same place for Abditus and Decorus. I aimed the last two knives slightly away from their current position knowing that seeing Immitus get a small puncture would force them to move away.

“We have a lot to talk about now, don’t we?” I shout across the room as I stand up. They walk towards me while pulling out the knives and throw them onto the floor. Three clanks resonates through the walls and a smirk finds it way onto my face.

“What the hell were you thinking?” Immitis growls as I put my hand in the air, drawing a circle. I point to the closet and whisper, “I got you a present, you guys should go check it out after this meeting.” I give a small wink and make my way towards the office.