Chapter 32 -

Chapter 32 –

“What would you like?” The worker asks. He’s wearing a ridiculous shirt that has a cow print all over the front as well as an utter in the center and trying not to chuckle was very difficult.

“Yeah, can I have –“

“Can we get that ice cream cake on the bottom?” Damon interrupts. I furrow my eyebrows and stare at him. He points over to the last booth next to the window and replies to my reaction. “Go sit down first.”

“You do realize the serving size is for eight people right?” The little teenage boy was starting to annoy me. His job was to serve customers, not show them how fattening their order was.

“Yeah, I see the numbers fine.” Damon replies.

I lean my head on my hand with my elbow resting on the table. I felt the emotional distress after realizing how many lives I’ve taken unfairly. I feel a stare penetrating the side of my face so I glance towards the window. I find Decorus staring right back at me with his head cocked.

“Holy shit,” I whisper as I realize his presence.

 I look over to Damon and see that he’s still paying for the cake and Decorus looks towards that direction as well. Recognition settles into his features. I guess it didn’t surprise me that he knew Damon since he was originally the Strong Three. Being in power for so long, the three of them probably had knowledge of most members. Decorus looks back at me and walks away. I breathe a sigh of relief and fiddle with my fingers. It felt good to have my emotions back at the present.

I hear someone clear their throats and it sounded like it was aimed for my direction. I look up and find that Decorus had come in to the parlor.

“What do you want?”

“Having a small date, are we?” He acts, jealously present in his eyes.

“Decorus , leave me alone. What I do shouldn’t be of a concern to you. I can do as I please.”

“Is there a problem here?” Damon comes walking over with a cake in his hands, his smile quickly evaporating.

“No, he was just leaving.” I answer in place of Decorus .

Damon nods his head with his teeth clenched and sits down in front of me. This situation would probably look very awkward towards an outsider. There was a girl that looked like she was having a date with a girl and was just caught by her overprotective brother.

“I’m guessing you have a brief hold on your emotions.” Decorus comments randomly.

“For the time being, I do.” I reply.

I look at Damon’s hand present on the table and grab it.

“I wanted to check if you were ok after killing an innocent member, but it looks like you’re just fine.” Decorus spits out in distaste and storms out.

I close my eyes and squeeze Damon’s hand harder in hopes of getting rid of the guilt and despair present because of Decorus .

“I give you permission to crack my hand if you please.”

I force a grin at his playfulness and grab a spoon. He pushes the cake towards me. I see there was a message on top of it.

“You’re smile is a shooting star.”

I look up at him and smile a genuine one. “Thank you.” I whisper.

“It was nothing. Come on, let’s eat already.” He takes a spoon and digs in.