Chapter 23 - Guarding dogs

Chapter 23 – Guarding dogs.

“Sadistic bastards,” I mumble under my breath. I was alone; there was nothing I could do to get through this. The first guard comes towards me, but I was quicker. I aim my punch straight for his nose. A crack lets me know that his nose was broken. While he was grunting I kick his crotch and he is immediately on the floor. He will most likely be unable to stand up for a couple minutes, giving me time to take the others down. I take out the knife I was hiding under my pants near my ankle and where my shoe starts. I wasn’t surprised that Aiden would send these guards unaided. They had no weapons since they were all werewolves; overconfidence in the power of their wolves. Although werewolves had no weaknesses to metals like bronze, stabbing vital areas multiple times will allow for a slow painful death. I stab the knife into the incoming man’s eye and rip it out. He holds his bleeding eye in shock as I stab the knife to the person’s stomach behind me. I see all men down, but now for making sure they’re dead. I kneel down towards the first two and stab the knife down onto their feet repeatedly to make sure they wouldn’t be able to get back up. I stab the knife once each onto their throats and the gurgles start. The immense amount of pain would prevent them from shifting as well. Screams fill the room and the scent of blood gets stronger. I go over to the third guy with the stab in his stomach, but he begins to shift. I take a step back and realize that I couldn’t shift. My werewolf strength was still there, but my ability to shift was damaged. I run towards him as he does the same and I manage to cut a bit of his snout off. His eyes turn blood red and I know he won’t stop until he gets blood, my blood. He comes towards me and stay where I am. He knocks me down before I could get the knife anywhere close to his face and my grasp is lost; I was left defenseless. I punch his snout and anywhere along his face. He squeezes his eyes shot as I realize I have scratched a bit of his eyeball off. He growls and bites a bit of my stomach off as I was moving under him. I hold back a scream as tears fall onto the floor. I put my feet under him and flip him off me. Blood starts to pour out of my stomach, but slowly it was going to heal. I run over to the knife and run towards the wolf shaking his head. His attempts hoping regain his vision is pointless. I run and jab the knife straight into the top of his skull. A cut off growl along with a crack shows me how much force I put into it. I see the three corpses and make sure to inflict wounds on every part of their abdomen and skull. I held back the nausea overwhelming me, repeatedly telling myself that this was necessary. I walk over to the corner and lean against the wall. I pull my shirt up and see the wound was deeper than I thought. I rip half of my shirt of and wrap it tightly against the wound.

“I applaud your efforts. That was a complete surprise to me.” Aiden comes in with a huge smirk with Theresa following right behind. I grasp the knife even tighter and force a smile through my pain.

“I guess I should’ve seen through your fake contract.”

“You act as if you’re a strong defiant girl on the brink of growing up, but it’s your naivety that stops you.” He chuckles as if he succeeded in everything he wanted already.

“Perhaps, your assumptions are correct.” I comment, emotionlessly.

“Of course they are.” He corrects and walks towards me. “It would be so much easier if you listened and did as I said.”

I nod and sigh as if I believed that I was the scapegoat in this situation. I might have been stupid to believe him in the first place, but it was nothing compared to the pea size brain of Aiden. At this point Aiden should know that he was outnumbered, but his overconfidence clouded his judgment. He most likely didn’t think he needed any more guards or he wanted a limited amount of people to find out about my blood anecdote.

“Fine, what do you want me to do?” I huff out in annoyance.

He smirks and ends up an inch away from me. I hold onto his shoulders and feel the impact of the knife. His eyes widen and he falls to the floor in pain. Theresa came up slowly behind him with a huge ancient knife. It went through and hit his spine. Theresa starts to dig it in further and Aiden screams through the immense amount of pain registering into his head. I feel lightheaded as my wound continues to spill blood. The ancient sword was nothing special, but just had an easier handle to be able to hit a vital organ. Aiden begin to lose his breath and his falls fall backwards. I knew we had to kill him, but he always had a special place in my heart. No matter how much I wanted to hate him completely the memories we created together were unforgettable. I put on last kiss on his forehead and let him fall onto the floor. Theresa rips the knife out and blood starts to pour onto the floor. She stares at her hand with the knife in shock so I throw a punch to her jaw. Since she’s human she flew to the opposite side of the wall. Te knife clatters onto the floor and take it immediately along with the small knife I already had on me. Theresa leans up against the wall trying to regain her breathe. I walk up closer and she holds up a hand.

“Wait.” She manages to cough out. Her forehead is severely bleeding and her face turns pale. She’s an instant from fainting. I raise my eyebrow challenging her to continue.

“Now,” She shouts.                                                      

I walk closer to her, but she was done. Her injuries were more than her body could take so she was gone for the time being. I hear footsteps and I anticipate by grabbing the ancient sword even tighter.

“Nice to see you again, Anna.” Caleb greets as he grins.