Chapter 21 - Lights, Camera, Acting.

Chapter 21 – Lights, Camera, Acting.

“What are you planning to do?” Theresa questions, a couple of minutes after Aiden left.

“I guess I just have to do what Aiden tells me to do.” I reply, crossing my fingers that she wouldn’t do anything stupid.

“What are you talking about?”

I walk forward and grab the side of the desk until my knuckles turned white. If I was going to act it was going to have to look real. There are more cameras than I have fingers and toes within this room most likely; this was his sacred office.

“You dragged me into this mess.” I growled. I lean closer to her face as realization dawns upon her face. I mouth out the words, “My room” and lean back. “Come to my room when the files are ready. I shouldn’t be the one to get that, I’m not the one creating a benefit for someone else.” I leave the room and am not surprised to find two guards walk me back to my room. It seemed as if I was going to figure everything out. My phone was gone and every other connection besides Theresa evaporated. I was on my own with no present advantages at hand.

The guards approach one room with a red doorknob and a chuckle at the obviousness. Every other room had a rose gold handle while mine was a bright solid red. It was a way to represent who was inside it. “Send Aiden thanks and tell him red fits me perfectly.” I shout as the guards turn around and go in the direction of where Aiden ran off earlier.

I enter the room cautiously and a mind full of suspicion. As soon as I enter there is just a king size bed and a closet that reveals into a larger walk in. It’s stuffed with clothes and a mini fridge full of food. There’s a desk and a chair near the window and a bathroom right near the entrance; that seemed to be it. I twirl around once and fall onto the soft bed cloud. On the little spin I glared at the top corners of the room. There was one micro camera attached with a barely noticeable red blinking.  I sit up and turn on the television to find myself bored than ever before. There was nothing I could possibly do that wouldn’t be under the supervision of Aiden’s little followers.

A knock distracts me from the reality show that captured my attention.

“Anna?”                                         

I sit up and see Theresa entering my room. She grabs my arm and drags me out the door before I could say anything. “We are going to the training grounds. I doubt you have the skills to assassinate someone flawlessly.”

            I grit my teeth, holding back insults in hopes that she had a plan behind this. She shoves me towards a car and she gets in as I follow.

“I hope this is one of your brilliant plans.” I dryly question while she turns the radio on.

She nods her head slightly and struggles to explain the million thoughts within her pea-sized brain. “There are no cameras or recorders within any vehicle.”

            I cock my head at Aiden’s obvious naivety. “Isn’t that a loss in his part? Every conversation should be significant to him.”

            “You have to think of the bigger picture. Imagine the police got a hold of this car, there are trained to see the small details as well. Every conversation will be in their possession. There's no possible way he would be able to get away with a clean record."

            I nod my head, easily comprehending the situation. “I hope you meant my doubt of skills as a joke. Or at least that would be of your best interest.”

            She chuckles and I stare at the emotions parading across her features. “Why are you laughing?”

            “I could see why Caleb fell for you. You have a side of confidence along with determination; you're confident in the things you do because you practice until you achieve what it is that you want. You have that drive or determination that at time Caleb lacked. He must've admired that about you."

I roll my eyes. I had no clue if I could trust her completely as of yet. It's a complete head-scratching, puzzling dilemma. There's something about her that completely turns me off. It's not a heart wrenching feeling like those stupid romantic comedies tell girls about. But more of a gut feeling really.