Chapter 39

Chapter 39 –

            “So that’s it? You’re just going to sulk and wait for her to hang up?” Immitis shouts, trying his best to laugh further.

            Unfortunately, a lack of response riles up more laughter in return.

            “Good luck with that.” Abditus comments, a door slam sounding the end of the conversation. The silence was suffocating at this point.

            “Can I ask why you’re not just hanging up?” The shock registered in and now I am just extremely curious. There was no rea

son why he wanted to talk to me. His actions were a bit ambiguous to distinguish. It seems as if he cares when you look at what he’s done for me, but in another light it’s obvious he hates me. But then again why did he care for me? Never have I ever asked him to do the things that he did.

            “You’re going to laugh.”

            “I’ll try not to.” I state just as fast.

            “Abditus and Immitis have taped my hands behind my back and taped the phone on my face. How I’m going to get it out of my hair is another unanswered question.”

            “So you’re basically telling me you have a phone taped on the side of your cheek and you’re handcuffed with duct tape. Can’t you just break out of it?”

            “Their obvious stupidity masks their intelligence. We brought extra weapons we might need at hand in the case that we find a rogue in our way. They are specialized handcuffs; every struggling over will make the handcuffs just grow tighter and eventually I’ll have stumps for hands.”

            A snicker escapes my mouths and my hand quickly clasps over my lips.

            “Yeah, laugh all you want.”

            “Can I have a picture?” I need one to upload to every social media site. This was an opportunity I couldn’t miss out on. My laughter overcame the silent state of Decorus . I wipe the few tears off on the corner of my eyes and I breathe out a couple of times to calm myself down.

            “Alright, fine. I could hear you pouting from here. Let’s talk this out.”

            “I think we both know Abditus wouldn’t be stupid enough not to take a picture. By the looks of it you’ll be able to see it pretty soon on a search engine.”  Decorus huffs out. He’s beyond aggravated by his helplessness.

            “Decorus , all the joking aside, we need to talk.” I knew what my priority was. I knew that sooner or later Abditus would come back to unlock his handcuffs and my chance would be lost.

            “There’s nothing I need to say. I’ve said everything I wanted to.” His short responses made me all the more discouraged.

            “Do you hate me?”

            A long moment of silence falls between us. I bite my lip pretty sure of the response I’m going to receive.

            “Decorus –“

            “Yes, I do.”