Chapter 20 - Hidden Secrets

Chapter 20 – Hidden Secrets

 "Can you get down from there then?" Aiden asks his voice laced with frustration. His lack of consideration didn't surprise me. I began to feel like I lost the upper hand. He was ahead of me at this point.

I roll my eyes and untie the blanket from my neck.

"Now let’s make some agreements, shall we?" I propose as I jump down onto the floor.

Aiden rolls his eyes, while Theresa stuffs her hand into her jacket. She blinked one time too many and she took a step forward. It made me on alert. I began to watch her movements carefully. She moved with purpose, a motive perhaps.

"Let's not make this violent." I spit out. Aiden raises his eyebrow in confusion, while Theresa drops the knife that was in her jacket pocket.

This was all a ploy to get me weapon.

"Come on." Aiden pushes her to the door and beckons me to follow after.

I nod and wait for him to leave first. I glance at the knife on the ground and purposely drop the blanket on the ground. I picked up the knife along with the blanket and quickly stuff it in my bra.

The house was pretty different from what I imagined. There were guards piled on every door with weapons in every pocket. It was heavily guarded along with cameras that seemed never ending.

"Impressed?" Aiden asks with arrogance.

"Paranoid?" I smirk.

"I’m just taking a precaution." He corrects.

I hum in response.

There was no way I could make an escape here. There were guards in the front, back and both sides walking alongside the both of them and me.

Aiden stops at a door and pushes it open. Theresa follows after and I wait for the guards to enter.

"They will not come in, Anna. They wait outside." Aiden responds from the inside.

I huff and step in.

"Okay, what is it that you want?" Aiden asks.

"What have you been doing this past week?"

"Were you lonely?" Aiden smirks.

"Are you going to keep answering my questions with more questions or are we actually going to try to get somewhere." I state, annoyed at how he avoided every attempt for me to get information.

"We can't just kill her?" Theresa huffs out.

"Shut up and just follow my lead. We need her more than just to kill her. We'd be wasting a valuable weapon."

"I'm so flattered you think so much of me." I interrupt, sarcastically.

"List your agreements before my patience runs completely thin." He reprimands me.

"What exactly is my job description?" I question before I explain my propositions.

"You will be our main source in this revolution. You are going to go against your precious Decorus and if you don’t, your brother needs to say his last words.”

"So the dirty work." I restate, rolling my eyes.

Aiden grunts and nods his head. "Call it whatever you want."

"Why can’t I just make you the leader of the Elite instead?” I ask, genuinely curious.

"You have nothing better to do." He smirks.